Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Distribution Movies

Digital Distribution Movies

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations in terms of a service to use to buy digital distributions of movies? There are obvious contenders like iTunes, Zune, Amazon, Sony, etc. Are there advantages to any of them over others that might not be obvious on the surface?

I recommend Netflix + a copy of Handbreak.

3. I use itunes since I'm entrenched in the service from my iPhone and iPod's. I don't tend to buy digital copies, but when I get the vouchers with my blu-ray's I tend to go itunes. Although if you have a roku you can play your library of Amazon movies on that as well as your PC.

4. Why would you buy digital movies? Worst of all worlds IMO. Buy that shit on Blu-Ray and rip it. At least then you have a physical copy.

This will be a moot point soon. Cling to your collector's obsession while you still can!

6. Diff speaks the god damn truth. It'll be far less compressed as well.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This will be a moot point soon. Cling to your collector's obsession while you still can!
    I'll cling to quality while I can. Just like you hate poorly compressed mp3s, I can't stand the artifacting on badly compressed movies, specially HD ones.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

We rapidly approach a future where video compression will not be as necessary.

9. I don't have a collector's mentality at all, but if I did, I wouldn't collect worthless bits and bytes.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    We rapidly approach a future where video compression will not be as necessary.
    We're still a good ways off from that. Uncompressed video is a HUGE data hog. Hell a minute of uncompressed 1920x1080 footage, just the video no audio, is like 8 - 10 gigs easily. I really don't see the infrastructure being in place to support downloading multiple terabyte sized movies in the next 5 years. I think being able to download an uncompressed movie is still a long ways off.

Just my opinion though, we'll see where things go.

Plus I like my consumer rights, I like being able to sell something if I don't want it any more. How do you go about selling your iTunes movies you don't want?
    Where I play