Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Game Club

1. TNL Game Club

So we did music club and movie club, but what about game club? EDIT: This shit has gone live!

Rules:

• Games will be picked one at a time and in order based on the list below.
    • Maximum length of time allotted for a game is two weeks but can be shorted to one week by it's chooser. Pick an appropriate time frame.
    • Be sure to put a start day and end date in all new threads.
    • New threads must include a description of the game and cover art. In the event that your game is obscure please include screen shots of the game, or video, so we can be confident we found the right thing when we start playing.
    • If you don't participate in a game you will be moved one spot down the list.
    • Don't be a faggot, this is supposed to be fun.

Participants:
    Opaque - Xenogears
    Mzo - Blade Runner
    Frogacuda - Mercenary
    Chux - Castelvania SotN
    MechDeus - Syndicate
    NeoZ - Bruce Lee
    Yoshi - Conquest of the Crystal Palace
    bbobb - The Last Express
    bVork - Hardwar
    Tain
    James
    arjue
    kedawa
    Kuro
    Geen
    Changeling
    Melf
    squall_vb
    gameoverdude
    Timber
    vasteel
    Josh
    Hot Like Wasabi
    Korly
    Thief Silver
    Shin Johnpv
    Rocca
    sedition
    Bacon McShig
    MVS
    CouryC
    B-Ri
    Last edited by Opaque; 16 May 2011 at 07:12 PM.

Sounds like an awesome idea! Have we never tried this before?

Current systems game could be exclusive and cost-prohibitive... plus I'd rather this be about awesome games I may have missed out on in previous gens. Emus sound like the way to go for this, tbh, because if people are picking shit that is rare or obscure finding a physical copy might be a huge pain.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. I don't see the value in picking any games from this current gen, but previous gens have some games I'd really like to play or play again given the right circumstance. Anything Wii/360/PS3 is out of the question, but I think any group we build on these forums will have access to something that can play GC/Xbox/PS2 games. Emulators would be easy enough assuming we could get a thread going over them and everyone provided links for the ROM needed for their choice.

Once we get a group of people together we'll put it to vote which systems people are willing to use and so forth.

4. This sounds good. I also think keeping it pretty retro-centric seems to make sense, since people's access is going to be much, much better, as well as just being about something people missed.

Yes, count me in.

6. I'm game

7. I barely have time to play the games I buy now, so I don't have time for this. Not a terrible idea but I don't think you should limit to old shit.

8. What's the point of someone picking a new game that everyone will already buy, play and discuss in it's existing thread?

One gen back is fair game, one of my first choices might actually be a GC game; I never got around to Billy Hatcher, but there's so many other things I might choose, so who knows.

9. This sounds pretty good, I'm in.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    What's the point of someone picking a new game that everyone will already buy, play and discuss in it's existing thread?
    You have a point. I just don't have time to play old games for more than 2 minutes at a time. I rather play new stuff I guess. Maybe if I have more time in the future (not likely).

For current games, it would encourage some of us to work on our backlog, I suppose.