Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Game Club Month #1 - Xenogears

1. I actually am playing this now. I'd just recently escaped from the prison block and am running around trying to level up somewhat.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Just remembered: worst thing ever, you can't jump while a random battle is loading.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Damnit. Here I go thinking I'd join this little club and the first pick is an outrageously long RPG that I never finished back when I had time to actually play games. I'll still give this a shot (Thanksgiving break and all).

I motion for no games with time commitments over 40+ hours.

This. (And this would be a hell of a lot easier if it was on PSN)

4. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    I don't suppose it's one of those things where if I download it from my Japanese account, but play it on my USA account there's an option for English?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    I don't suppose it's one of those things where if I download it from my Japanese account, but play it on my USA account there's an option for English?
    Negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Okay, I'm just going to post my impressions in bullet format, but I'll get into deeper conversation if we discover something that would warrant it.

1. I just realized that I can play PS1 games on my PS3. But not PS2 games. Fuck you, Sony. Fuck you very much.

2. Looks kinda like Xenosaga.

3. Naked woman in the first five minutes? GOTY.

4. Yikes! Those PS1 graphics did not age well.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. 5. Loving the soundtrack.

6. D-pad control only? That's a foul.

8. 7. Actually, this game doesn't control very well period.

8. That little bit of lag between exiting the menu screen and resuming control of your character? Annoying.

A lot of complaints so far, but I'm holding out hope. This game is beloved by many for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Way to pick a 50 hour game, jerk.
    Yeah, I didn't see this thread until after my last post in the other one, but this makes that suggestion even more important.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Just remembered: worst thing ever, you can't jump while a random battle is loading.
    That also means if you stop moving when you can't jump the random battle never occurs. Used to be able to hear the disc spin up too but that doesn't work with a PS3.

But yeah, that inability to jump totally fucked me during the platforming of Babel or whatever that tower was.