Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Igarashi's Castlevania 3DS

Nintendo DS Igarashi's Castlevania 3DS

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Franchise old-hand Koji Igarashi is working on a new Castlevania title for the 3DS, if rumours are to be believed.

According to industry tipster Paul Gale's blog, Konami's artists and 3D modelers have already begun work on the game with the studio apparently aiming to make clever use of the handheld's 3D camera.

Igarashi's last effort, toothless multiplayer Xbox Live Arcade side-scroller Harmony of Despair was no match for Mercury Steam's excellent 3D debut Lords of Shadow, so a return to his favoured handheld hunting grounds seems like a sound move.

His last DS game, 2009's brilliant-but-brutal Order of Ecclesia, was one of the finest entries in the series since the 1997 PlayStation classic Symphony of the Night.
    Link

Yes, I know I will buy it anyway.

2. Battered Housewife.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Fuck this guy and his crappy games.

I can't wait to see 15 year old sprites in 3D!

Ecclesia was the point where I stopped buying IGAvania games. I hope everyone else followed suit so that Konami has no choice but to hire somebody competent to handle their handheld games. They should go hire Derek Yu to design a Castlevania game. Or outsource it to Chair Entertainment.

I passed on Ecclesia. I don't think we're going to see sprites at all in this one, let alone 15 year-old ones. Whether that is a positive or not remains to be seen.

6. Maybe it'll have sprites and be 3D like Virtual Boy Wario Land!

... /facepalm

7. Ecclesia is easily my favorite portable Castlevania, doubt they'll top it this outing. Hell, it'll probably be a port of Lament or Curse.

*edit* Not so much here but can't wait to see what uses developers come up with for the 3D camera.
    Last edited by Low; 22 Dec 2010 at 09:50 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Fuck this guy and his crappy games.
    QFT. They need a Iga-free 2D reboot. Give someone the chance to make an awesome game, not a has-been thats more worried about his fractured game timeline.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I can't wait to see 15 year old sprites in 3D!
    I thought tnl loved sprites and pixel art and everything else that makes a game look 15 years younger for the sake of ~charm~ or whatever