Thread: Transformers Prime

1. Puyo Transformers Prime

I don't know if there are any fans left here on the board (thanks Michael Bay), but a new series debuts on The Hub this Monday. They showed the first two episodes last night, and it was pretty good as CG cartoons go. Cullen is Prime, and Frank Welker is Megatron again!

This series is separate from the movies and other cartoons, and few humans know of the Transformers existence. There are few Autobots around, and it seems to be a bit more violent than before. For example, in the first espisode Starscream stabs his hand into Cliffjumper's chest, killing him. Megatron then brings him back as a mindless zombie, only to cut him in half.

Anyone else watching?

I don't get The Hub, but I'll give it a shot if it shows up on Hulu or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. I like Derrek Wyatt's stuff a lot! I believe he did the character designs for this; or at any rate, they take a good influence from the Transformers: Animated stuff.

Apparently this is based off some spin-off novel to that War for Cybertron game you dudes were all nuts over.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 27 Nov 2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. i was seeing ads for this on cn. it looks interesting enough. what happened to transformers animated? did they finish up the story at least?

5. I don't know. This series supposedly has no relation to any others.

They've done some cool things to please fans, like making Prime have his mouth cover again. In this series, he can deactivate it when he talks to humans (the three kids and some government agent who's a real asshole). I think he shouldn't have a mouth, but this way they please older fans, as well as those who, *shudder*, only know the franchise from the films.

6. Seems kinda Beast Wars-ish, which would be awesome.

7. I saw the first two episodes. I like it so far. They did a good job of streamlining the movie designs (which I was never able to get used to). The kid characters are annoying, but it's a kids' show. The tone of the TF storyline is pretty dark and violent.
    Last edited by Taito; 28 Nov 2010 at 03:05 PM.

8. It's promising. I think they need to dial back the grit and add some fun. Then again I was a giant Animated fan. Zombie Cliffjumper was awesome. So, I guess they're NOT paying The Rock to voice him every episode. I was wondering how they were going to afford that...

Anyway, needs more color, Cullen needs to loosen up a bit, Bulkhead needs way more personality, and they gotta' be less annoying with those kids. But I love Welker's new take on Megatron's voice. It fits the character model much better than the G1 voice. Overall, it was an acceptable first two episodes. It will only get better.

Honestly, after the nightmare that was Armada Energon Cybertron I can't complain about this new cartoon.
    Last edited by Cheebs; 28 Nov 2010 at 04:17 PM.