Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball Wizards

1. Mars table is out today.

2. Too much NHL playoff hockey to play pinball...

3. Actually played that new table twice. That spider thing crawling around is pretty fucking distracting.

I need to add some of you guys. I haven't played in months.

I need to get my xbox back.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I need to add some of you guys. I haven't played in months.

I need to get my xbox back.
    You can add me if you like. I only have Melf and DJ on my friends list, that play this game.

My username is Die hard gamer.

6. Add me - uncertainearth

7. Add me "DirtySouthEX" if you wish. Only 2 of my friends even have this game, so I'll never be able to get any of the rewards.

8. You haven't posted in ages Dirty South. Where have you been?

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You haven't posted in ages Dirty South. Where have you been?
    I visit the site every day....have been doing so since its inception. I only post whenever I have something relevant to say, and even then, someone else usually beats me to it. Like a wise man here once iterated: "You are not your post count". Surprised you even remember.

To be honest, while PB FX's table design and physics are good, the rules and scoring are garbage. The only way to get high scores is to have impossibly long games. While that's the goal anyway, it doesn't reward skilled play at all. Also: the sound design is...boring. Play any 90's era Williams table, then play PB FX, and you'll see that there's no excitement whatsoever. The Marvel tables were a big improvement on all these grievances, but it's still not quite there yet. There are other design flaws, but I don't want this turning into a diatribe.

I'll add everyone who has posted in this thread. I have some pretty decent scores, and I'd like to see how they compare.

10. Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth View Post
    I visit the site every day....have been doing so since its inception. I only post whenever I have something relevant to say, and even then, someone else usually beats me to it. Like a wise man here once iterated: "You are not your post count". Surprised you even remember.
    I'm a big fan of the silverball, so I'd noticed your posts on the subject.

To be honest, while PB FX's table design and physics are good, the rules and scoring are garbage. The only way to get high scores is to have impossibly long games. While that's the goal anyway, it doesn't reward skilled play at all. Also: the sound design is...boring. Play any 90's era Williams table, then play PB FX, and you'll see that there's no excitement whatsoever. The Marvel tables were a big improvement on all these grievances, but it's still not quite there yet. There are other design flaws, but I don't want this turning into a diatribe.

I'll add everyone who has posted in this thread. I have some pretty decent scores, and I'd like to see how they compare.
    Yeah, those tables aren't going to compete with the best of Williams. They (+Bally) are the kings of pinball tables. The Williams Collection is pretty solid on the 360, as well as the other consoles.

There are a few tables on Pinball FX2 that are frustrating, because the ball sometimes flies at lightning speeds from a little bump.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Incompetent View Post
    Mars table is out today.
    I downloaded the table today; It really is an easy table to play. I posted over 90 million on the first try and probably could have scored more, if the dogs weren't waiting on thier meal.
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 Apr 2011 at 11:10 PM.