Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19293132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball Wizards

1. I guess they’re doing some kind of cross title freebies. Stern Pinball now has Starship Troopers available for play. There’s a lot of things I don’t like about the table, but the sound effects, pumping music and voice clips from the movie make this table pretty enjoyable.

I’ve had the Frankenstein table on Stern Pinball. I’m not a big fan of it. The crowded top left of the field is horrible, and the same voice clips keep playing every 20 seconds. Who am I?!

And what’s up with The Pinball arcade using R2/L2 for the flippers, while Stern Pinball uses R1/L1?

2. While I've not played enough to be as critical as ARBM is, one thing I do not like is the view and how the table transitions. Maybe it's because I don't have Pro mode, but none of the views I cycle through seem very optimal for me, and it doesn't scroll from the upper and lower parts of the table quickly enough. There's often times I can't see the ball because the camera hasn't shifted low enough yet. And some of these tables are so busy and crowded at the far end that I've no idea where the ball is. I'm playing on PS4. Maybe Switch would be better so I could tate at work, but instead of this being something I play on the regular, it's going to be a once in a while deal. Which I'm fine with for $5 the two tables I bought, I guess.

3. Not sure what's up, but online the seasons still seem to be available for PS4-

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...nball%20arcade

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    While I've not played enough to be as critical as ARBM is, one thing I do not like is the view and how the table transitions. Maybe it's because I don't have Pro mode, but none of the views I cycle through seem very optimal for me, and it doesn't scroll from the upper and lower parts of the table quickly enough. There's often times I can't see the ball because the camera hasn't shifted low enough yet. And some of these tables are so busy and crowded at the far end that I've no idea where the ball is. I'm playing on PS4. Maybe Switch would be better so I could tate at work, but instead of this being something I play on the regular, it's going to be a once in a while deal. Which I'm fine with for $5 the two tables I bought, I guess.
    No, no, no. Never play with a scrolling playfield. There’s no way you are playing at an optimum with a scrolling field of view. I always use a locked field with the second to lowest view. That way I can keep track of the ball movement from the top of the table down to the flippers. You’ll lose a lot of ball straight down the middle, of you don’t give a table a nudge. Speaking of nudge, Black Knight keeps you so busing nudging the table, that I often wonder how I have yet to TILT a game. I used to be so good at that table.

*edit*

And then after saying how rusty I am with Black Knight, I just put up 20,000 shy of 2 million on my last game.
    Last edited by gamevet; 01 Jul 2018 at 03:45 PM.

5. I'm probably doing something wrong, but it seems like Circle button cycles through the views, and I've not seen one that locks the view. They all scroll.

6. Hit the x button to lock.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm probably doing something wrong.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    While I've not played enough to be as critical as ARBM is,.
    What other table do you like? That's bad too. Almost as bad as whatever other, other table you like.

ONLY

ELVIRA

(See, it's easy (I really do not like Frank Stein or the race car though)).

I wonder if losing track of the ball near the top of the screen is more a consequence of the overdesign of some of those '90s tables than camera angles. Some are so obstructed that I just have to take the game's word for it that something is happening, while simpler tables like Taxi or the olé Gottlieb tables with the analogue score counters are 100% legible no matter what the angle. I get the feeling it would be difficult to get a confident view of an IRL Frankenstein without suspending myself over it with Mission Impossible cables.

9. I'm still annoyed there's no VR mode in Pinball Arcade. Zaccaria Pinball has it and it makes playing so much nicer. Play around with finding the optimal viewing angle or just look at the table in a natural way, tracking the ball as it moves? There's no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Not sure what's up, but online the seasons still seem to be available for PS4-

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...nball%20arcade
    I tried it, wouldn't let me check out.