Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20303233343536 LastLast

Thread: Pinball Wizards

1. It was Square, not X.
    Got within a hair of 1,000,000,000 on frankenstein.

2. Square turns off the score display.

3. maybe for you.
    x did nothing, square locked the view.

4. Yeah, I'm wrong. I've had it set to locked for quite some time. The triangle turns off the score display.
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Jul 2018 at 08:22 PM.

5. Last Action Hero is another free table on Stern Pinball. The table is alright.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I wonder if losing track of the ball near the top of the screen is more a consequence of the overdesign of some of those '90s tables than camera angles. Some are so obstructed that I just have to take the game's word for it that something is happening, while simpler tables like Taxi or the olé Gottlieb tables with the analogue score counters are 100% legible no matter what the angle. I get the feeling it would be difficult to get a confident view of an IRL Frankenstein without suspending myself over it with Mission Impossible cables.
    That's why I always try to get tables on platforms that support 3D, being able to read the depth of the elements really helps delineate them better.

VR would be ideal, of course, but stupid Zen trickles out dedicated VR versions of tables you have to buy a more expensive version of to play instead of just adding it to the tables you already bought, and Pinball Arcade has no such beast. They did both support 3D once upon a time, but PA nixed the feature on PS4, and Pinball FX2 supported it on PS3/PS4 but took it out in Zen Pinball 3.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You know what you should do?
    Play more High Speed
    I played this one today. I like it; I was just cranky.

Check the scoreboard btw.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    or High Speed II.
    !

Digital tables are so much easier than the real thing because of the consistency. My high on twilight zone digital is like 4 or 5 billion, but on a real table it takes a while to break 500m
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Partly consistency, partly the high "tilt" threshold SSJN mentioned. I thought my nudging was hot shit, then I tried it on a real-life table and it immediately called the police and I had to go to jail