Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2232343536

Thread: Pinball Wizards

1. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Anyone interested in a weekly challenge?
    Heck yeah if it's PBA. I don't love FX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    12 million ARBM?!
    You must be cheating.
    Last game I got two extra balls and two multiballs and didnt hit 5 mil.
    I just had one of Those Runs. I was getting multiple multi balls per ball and jack potting every time. That 12 million run was bookended by my usual garbagegames.

2. I used to have score challenges with a couple of people on TNL a while back. It was fun, and gave me a reason to replay the tables after I felt like I exhausted the challenge.

It's a shame they no longer are able to offer the Williams stuff anymore. They did manage to convert most of the really memorable tables. Only ones left were mainly the licensed stuff, which I imagine were a hassle/too expensive to acquire. Is PBA simply over with as a going concern? They do still have the Stern rights, correct? That would also give them access to all the Data East and Sega tables as well as their newer ones. I can't recall if Stern did any original concept tables like Williams. As far as I know, ALL of their tables are licensed. If PBA is to release any new tables beyond Ghostbusters, will they run into the same licensing issues?

3. Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth View Post
    I used to have score challenges with a couple of people on TNL a while back. It was fun, and gave me a reason to replay the tables after I felt like I exhausted the challenge.

It's a shame they no longer are able to offer the Williams stuff anymore. They did manage to convert most of the really memorable tables. Only ones left were mainly the licensed stuff, which I imagine were a hassle/too expensive to acquire. Is PBA simply over with as a going concern? They do still have the Stern rights, correct? That would also give them access to all the Data East and Sega tables as well as their newer ones. I can't recall if Stern did any original concept tables like Williams. As far as I know, ALL of their tables are licensed. If PBA is to release any new tables beyond Ghostbusters, will they run into the same licensing issues?
    Yeah, the Stern tables are still available. You can actually get a physical copy of Stern Pinball that includes Ghost Busters as free DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah, the Stern tables are still available. You can actually get a physical copy of Stern Pinball that includes Ghost Busters as free DLC.
    Man the Stern tables in real life are all pretty great but they are SO FAST. I haven't played a digital Stern yet, are they as fast as the real ones?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. I’d say most of the tables on The Pinball Arcade and Stern Pinball often times have moments where the ball moves way too fast off of a bumpers.

6. So to no one's surprise Zen Pinball has the Williams license.

I ain't buying these again. Especially since I don't think the fX physics are as good.

7. Free to check out on PC right now. Fish Tales feels surprisingly good. The problem I've always had with the Zen pinball series is the way the ball feels heavy, with too much inertia, but that doesn't seem to be happening on the Williams tables. I only got to play 30 minutes so far, though, so it's still only a tentative approval.