Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293032 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball Wizards

I can't believe I worked in Morristown for a year, went to dinner at Jockey Hollow twice, and never noticed that spot.

They also have a spot like this in Red Bank. http://www.yestercades.com/
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Pinball Wizards

Yea Jockey Hollow, great place. Best restaurant I've been to in NJ.

It's easy to miss. I saw it getting money from the ATM in front of it right before they opened.

But yea check it out if you get a chance. All their stuff is in great condition and it's in a big old bank space.

3. I haven't gone out much, but Portland has more pinball than anywhere. Every bar has a few tables, and there are tournaments.
    Boo, Hiss.

It's a hipster thing. It's up here too.

I like the pay for time retrocade model of business even more than barcade. I dunno if it's hipster but it's definitely targeted at our generation.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

6. There's a couple of bars down the street from me with some tables. Maybe I'll go there next time I feel like happy hour or whatever.

I spent yesterday checking out the Morristown Game Vault for the first time. Awesome selection and all the tables I played were in great shape. Nice mix of new and old. I tried a bunch of tables for the first time including

Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Theater of Magic
    Lord of the Rings
    Metallica

Their Addams Family was in great condition but the upper right flipper stuck a bit.
    I met the owner and the maintenance guy, both good people. I like the total collection better than the one in red bank but the red bank one has got comfy seating if you want to play the old console library and Game Vault is pretty much standing only. Super clean though.

The Twilight Zone is in PERFECT shape.
    Metallica and Creature were my favorite two tables.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

8. I remember liking Theater of Magic.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Ha! I got one of your scores, DJ! Put a few hours into Jedi and took on a new scoring strategy. Still haven't completed both parts of any scene.
    heh. Its been a minute huh? Good work!

Where is the primary scorechasing nowadays?

No idea. I'm playing pinball arcade on PS4 at home but I've been putting lots of time into the local machines. There are quite a few spots by me with tables. In Brooklyn too.

https://pinballmap.com
    Pete DeBoer's Tie