Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Megaman Tribute

1. Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    Anyway. I may try to do something for this. I really loved Megaman at one time, and this sounds fun.
    I was hoping you'd make some Megaman drawings! Even if the spark has faded, perhaps you can rekindle those fond memories.
    Donk

2. hmm. this sounds fun but i'm a little afraid of lots of repeat drawings. most people have only bothered to play the early mm's (1-3) and maybe the most recent ones (9-10) so i bet there'll be lots of cutmens and quickmens drawn. if i did anything i'd wanna draw guys from mm4 but...it would have to be something special. this is gonna take a lot of thought.

3. for some reason, I have a strange idea for this that i might expand on if i have time. I do love Megaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. I think I'm just gonna go with the last MM that I enjoyed, Megaman Zero. Now I need to figure out if I want to go traditional or digital.

5. You could make either look good, JM. I think you should go traditional because i doubt many other people will, and it'll be nice to see.
    Donk

6. Quote Originally Posted by rama View Post
    hmm. this sounds fun but i'm a little afraid of lots of repeat drawings. most people have only bothered to play the early mm's (1-3) and maybe the most recent ones (9-10) so i bet there'll be lots of cutmens and quickmens drawn. if i did anything i'd wanna draw guys from mm4 but...it would have to be something special. this is gonna take a lot of thought.
    I look forward to seeing what you come up with! I know it'll be amazing, like... Roll and Dr. Cossack's daughter having a fart-off where the farts look like Mets!

for some reason, I have a strange idea for this that i might expand on if i have time. I do love Megaman.
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    I think the fact that it isn't the classic robot protagonist versus robot level/boss set up. Battle network was regular kids gettting all megaman'ed in cyberspace or something, wasn't it?
    The kids have Navis, sort of little computer friends that can do all the internets stuff (web surfing, email, etc.). They fight them against each other for fun using battle chips that download attack and defense programs. Fun fact: Mega Man was built from the remains of the main character's stillborn twin brother! WHY SO CREEPY

From what I read, ZX had people getting megaman'ed, but it was set in a variant of the robot driven world that is similar in most of the MM games. ZX is a sequel to Zero, which had some distant past connection to X, right?
    The timeline starts with Dr. Light building the original 8 humanoid robots (MM1 bosses + Rock and Roll, also Rock's prototype "brother" numbered #000). Rock becomes Mega Man in the year 20XX. Dr. Light then creates a totally even more "human" robot, X, capable of making it's own decisions and keeps it in stasis for hundreds of years running some huge diagnostic to make sure it won't be crazy. He's discovered in the future and brought out of stasis only to become the basis for a new age of robotics research. Hundreds of labor robots called Reploids are replicated from X's design but start to go crazy because hey, even in the future we can't all be Dr. Lights. Shortly after a totally evil humanoid robot with a W sign on his forehead is unearthed and punched in the head, causing total amnesia. This is Zero, and he is good now. X and Zero head up the Maverick Hunters, where Mavericks are Reploids designated crazy, a definition that grows hazier as the series go on ("Give me your equipment, I need to launch a rocket at a falling space station." "No." "You've gone Maverick, prepare to die!"). The Reploid war leaves Earth a wasteland mostly uninhabitable by humans. Hundreds of years into the future, a small robot resistance headed by a cute little girl scientist unearth Zero to help them in the fight against the evil robot overlord, X. Hundreds of years after that, the Earth is looking a lot better and two couriers delivering mysterious merchandise end up accidentally interfacing with robotic DNA bracelets that let them gain the attributes of the long dead robots including the combined powers of X and Zero, ZX.
    Last edited by Mzo; 11 Dec 2010 at 03:10 AM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. So ZX takes place in 2XXX or 3XXX?

25XX
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery