Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Megaman Tribute

1. Megaman Tribute

http://www.megamantribute.com/

We need to DOMINATE this tribute book! We got two folks in on the Drakstalkers one and Megaman is...well, MEGAMAN! Let's get those pencils sharpened, erasers ready, and tablets at the fore!

(seriously, I wanna TNL represent again and I know we can!)

Rules are basically the same as before. Excluded series are Battle Network and Star Force. No crossovers (even with other Capcom kids), no Megamen from other designs (meaning no puke green Captain N MM), no characters from Megaman Universe (so no MM Arthur or Ryu).

Get crackin' & good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. This isn't the real mega man, its just a tribute.

3. I'm going to enter this, but I really have no passion for Mega Man or the universe. I'll do the research, but if anyone comes across a useful database or image gallery of Mega Man lore/chronology/bestiary/stuff feel free to post it up : ]

4. This sounds sweet, Hero! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll be sure to be passionate about it.
    Donk

5. Looks like I'll be getting in on this too! I don't wanna see a loser like FuryFox win it! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. ZX included, but Battle Network excluded? So dumb. MMBN had some fantastic designs.

7. i agree. it was kind of cool. We should all draw Sharkman from Megaman 3 MS DOS so when they disqualify us we can nerd all over them.
    Donk

8. I just don't understand what the distinction is there. Capcom owns the rights, it wasn't a co-production or anything.

9. I think the fact that it isn't the classic robot protagonist versus robot level/boss set up. Battle network was regular kids gettting all megaman'ed in cyberspace or something, wasn't it? All the robots were programs. From what I read, ZX had people getting megaman'ed, but it was set in a variant of the robot driven world that is similar in most of the MM games. ZX is a sequel to Zero, which had some distant past connection to X, right? I guess that is closer to classic MM than network. Maybe it just has to be that kind of robot-centric setting, the whole rogue robots threatening humans and MM fighting against them.

Jesus Christ. I just applied waaaay too much thought to this. blerg.

Edit: Just looked again. Legal reasons. I bet whoever Capcom contracted out to make the BN games retained some form of rights over the designs.

Anyway. I may try to do something for this. I really loved Megaman at one time, and this sounds fun.

10. Here is a gallery of medium to high res images of TONS of official capcom artwork relating to MM.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/gallery/index.php?cat=2