Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This is a myth. I'm tired of typing the same shit though, so maybe Frogacuda or someone else that wants to state facts will feel more up to it.
    I'm just speaking from personal experience. I used to be up to date on all PC related technology and it used to cost me tons of money.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Right. Ten years ago.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Right. Ten years ago.
    Actually more like five

I suppose you've got me there. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that computer hardware isn't advancing quite as fast as it used to because of the consoles though.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. How about this: I don't like buying unfinished games.

Take your PC and stick it up your ass.
    Boo, Hiss.

You don't patch your 360 and PS3 games then? "Finished" games ended as soon as the ability to patch began.

6. Until yesterday I didn't have a connection to the internet on a game system.

My shit worked fine.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Also: Don't be coy. You know goddamn well that shit's FAR more prevalent on the pc platform than consoles.
    Boo, Hiss.

PC version detailed:
    • “Higher res textures, larger render modes” and “a bunch of other effects”. I’d interpret this vague techy talk to mean not just resolution and such but also increased draw distance for things like shadows, characters, and environmental details. That would definitely be a good thing for Skyrim both looking good and taking advantage of increase CPU, memory and GPU power on high end PCs.
    • “Power user” stuff relating to keyboard controls. Not quite sure what Howard means by that, but presuming that it’s just more keys for stuff that would otherwise have to be locked away in menus and stuff.
    • “The whole interface is much less ‘look at giant fonts!’ than, say, Oblivion,” says Howard. This can only be a good thing, especially after Alec described the menus as “pure sex”. I’ve always found Bethesda interfaces to be awkward in the extreme (reaching a peak of hideousness in Fallout 3) so anything would be an improvement.
    • Mod support. We already knew this, but it’s brilliant. Morrowind and Oblivion have both been given fresh life by modders, and it’s going to happen again for Skyrim.
    • No 64-bit version of the game.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I’d interpret this vague techy talk to mean not just resolution and such but also increased draw distance for things like shadows, characters, and environmental details.
    Unless they've finally gotten around to locking their .ini files this has always been hackable. Hadn't even entered my mind that it would be an issue.

I guess the AI range in Morrowind was kind of funny with the draw distance set to ridiculous amounts.
    No 64-bit version of the game.
    Lame, but not really an issue.

10. Short interview with Todd Howard.

The game features... a dwarf city carved into the mountain. So creative!