Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Why on console, why?

I don't understand you people.
    Because some people just don't like PC gaming. Why is that so hard to understand?

2. Some people still ask for movies on VHS and I don't get them either.

I can see why people wouldn't like to play a game with the same controller on the same TV with better visuals and more options and not have to switch discs. It's called idiocy.

4. Seriously.

Start of the generation, ok maybe I get it, building a PC to match the PS3 was more than the PS3, especially because of the blu-ray drive. But, today, you could plug your 360 controller into a computer that runs HDMI to your TV and you could pop a $120 video card and $100 processor in it and you'd smoke the ever loving fuck out of the current consoles. I mean fuck, a dumbass friend of mine is playing BF3 on console on a SDTV and RAVING about how fucking good it looks. I just want to hit him as hard as I can for as long as I can.

5. Relevant:

I've been playing GTA IV off Steam with the 360 controller, on my TV in natively rendered 1080p (or my computer monitor depending on what I'm feeling like) with better AA and render distance, double the FPS and I'm still signed into Live and earning achievements. How could that NOT be better than playing the 360? Who could even argue that?

6. Why do you guys have to pull this bullshit in every multi-platform thread? Who cares what system people play their games on? If you enjoy it on PC and it makes you feel superior, then bully for you. Personally, I know the PC versions are usually better, but I don't really give a shit. I'm on a computer all day at work and when I work on Sega-16. I don't feel like gaming on it too.

I'm going to buy this on the PS3 . Either of you can sit and stew about me not buying the PC version. At least then one of us will care!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Relevant:

I've been playing GTA IV off Steam with the 360 controller, on my TV in natively rendered 1080p (or my computer monitor depending on what I'm feeling like) with better AA and render distance, double the FPS and I'm still signed into Live and earning achievements. How could that NOT be better than playing the 360? Who could even argue that?
    Nobody cares. Go to Anandtech or something.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Why do you guys have to pull this bullshit in every multi-platform thread? Who cares what system people play their games on? If you enjoy it on PC and it makes you feel superior, then bully for you. Personally, I know the PC versions are usually better, but I don't really give a shit. I'm on a computer all day at work and when I work on Sega-16. I don't feel like gaming on it too.

I'm going to buy this on the PS3 . Either of you can sit and stew about me not buying the PC version. At least then one of us will care!
    It's not that I actually care about what any of you do it's more that your argument makes no sense and everyone uses the same one.

You could hide a small computer inside your TV cabinet and play it on your television with a PS3 controller. You don't have to sit at a computer desk, in a computer chair and use a M+K to play the PC version, just like you don't have to sit in any particular place or use any particular screen to play it on PS3. The only difference between playing this on your couch, with a PS3 controller on your TV between the PS3 and a super modest gaming PC is about triple the native resolution (by pixel count), better textures, faster load times, less disks, further render distances and access to the enormous mod community which follows these games. If this were general public land I'd be less than surprised to find people doing shit like playing PS3 games on SDTVs or RPGs with enormous modding and visual opportunities which only exist on PC on a console instead, I'm more just confused as to how people who in general have so much knowledge and passion for games go out and buy the VHS version. And yeah, maybe it's not worth buying a modest gaming machine for just this game, but it wouldn't be worth buying a PS3 for it either. It's worth buying a modest gaming machine to run to your TV for ALL the games that come out which have better graphics and FPS when you play the PC version.
    Last edited by Opaque; 29 Oct 2011 at 02:56 AM.

9. Apparently you missed this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Nobody cares.

10. You care.

If you actually didn't you wouldn't have said anything at all.