Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

1. I was half joking, I'm definitely still hyped/will-play regardless.

But for real, I have little faith in their new engine being much better.

2. AWESOME. I've kind of fell out of gaming the last couple of months, but I'm definitely down for another one of these. It's a shame it won't be the same kind of visual leap Oblivion was, but whatever. That's not what these games are about at the end of the day.
    -Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    The Bethesda Twitter feed sez that it's a brand new engine.

http://twitter.com/bethblog
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi 17 hours ago View Post

4. There was a lot of conflicting information after IGN ran that story. They just confirmed it two hours ago.

I'm pretty stoked. Just no autoleveling enemies or 100% chameleon this time. Those were the only two things wrong with Oblivion.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I'm pretty stoked. Just no autoleveling enemies
    I never liked this, at all. New Vegas had it figured out a little better, but there is still room to improve.

or 100% chameleon this time. Those were the only two things wrong with Oblivion.
    Fuck you. I loved that shit in later play throughs.

I want the return of Morrowind level nonsense. Where, like, with the right potion combination and knowledge you can beat the game in 15 minutes. Makes replay ridiculously fun.

7. I'm just expecting a new version of GameBryo.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I'm just expecting a new version of GameBryo.
    Yeah, this is exactly what I'm expecting for this. It would be nice if it used id Tech 5, though. (I'm pretty sure the majority says this regarding any new development within Zenimax.)
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

9. Quote Originally Posted by Destructoid
    Game Informer has shared its upcoming Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim cover with the Internet, and it's not saying much. Or is it? According to the publication, those eldritch runes on the back cover are actually saying something important. You'll need to translate the message with help that GI will apparently provide later.

The front cover has an ultraviolet coating which will make the Skyrim logo pop out, thus demonstrating that even magazines are getting in on that 3D lark.

Every now and then, a game magazine will bring out a cover that I really like. This is one of them, and that's in no small way helped by the fact that I love me some Elder Scrolls. I can't wait for the game, and while I'm jealous of GI getting the skinny, I'll be delving into that mag like a bitch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	190973-gi.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	59672  

Nice cover for a shit magazine.