Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

1. http://kotaku.com/5728236/the-next-e...bat--levelling

"Firstly, combat: according to a piece in the latest issue of Game Informer, you can now dual-wield weapons in the game."

"for example, you can put a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other. Or two daggers. Or a staff and a shield. Or a shield and a mace. For magic users, a different spell can be cast from each hand, or for a multiplying effect, the same spell can be thrown from both hands."

"does entirely away with the concept of class creation."

"the more you do something, the better you get at it."

"In Skyrim, opponent's levelling is more like that found in Fallout 3."

2. I want to wield two shields and just bash shit.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    "the more you do something, the better you get at it."
    This has been annoying since it was first introduced.

4. But jumping in place is realistic.

5. And fun.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I literally have never bought a used game at GameStop. Fuck supporting that company and/or catching knuckledragger cooties.

I also cannot handle non-mint games. My OCD does not allow it.
    I'm starting to prefer Amazon over GameStop. GS prices are always MSRP, but on Amazon you may find your game for less from the right seller- Amazon has X360 Singularity for $22 unopened, and GS wants $50. Splatterhouse is $30 from some sellers on Amazon- NOT $60.

I did grab a mint PS3 Nier for $15 at GS- but you won't get lucky at Amazon on this one. Try $20-28 there.

The dual wielding sounds cool. I hope they work on the framerate- Oblivion does occasionally suffer some FPS drops, and they should at least shoot for a constant 30 on Skyrim.

7. Here's all the scan from GI.

That might not be the best scan but damn does she look better than anyone in Oblivion through New Vegas. The new engine looks insanely good and not even by open world standers. I'm wondering what the hardware requirements are going to be, this might be the year I build a new PC. I think this game begs for an SSD.

It was nice of GI to print their new issue on canvas.

9. Or maybe they are just trying to get you into the feel of the Elder Scrolls.