Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Sometimes people have a television in the living room and a computer in the bedroom. People like me.

Then again my monitor is awesome and my computer chair is delicious, so I have no problems playing a game at the computer.

I tend to play the games on the system they were developed for, not ported to. I understand that sometimes the ports are very good ports and sometimes they are bad ports, but I tend to play the originals more often than not, warts and all. Those are pretty much my only rules, but I tend to see games as console or PC games right from first impressions. Arkham Asylum was a 360 game for me, chances are City will be as well.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Here I thought I may get to read some new tidbits about a game I'm sure to enjoy the hell out of, and it's just another page and a half of the same fuckwits* complaining about which console their interweb buddies might choose to play the game on. That's why it's coming out on multiple systems, so you can play it on what you want and everyone else can play it on what they want. That's it. End of story. So please, for the love of god, shut the fuck up already.

360 for me, btw. THE HORROR.

*edit: My bad, one and a half fuckwits, the rest was people pointing out the fuckwittedness of the fuckwits.
    Last edited by Pineapple; 29 Oct 2011 at 12:52 PM.

3. I hear the 360 version gives you cancer, and the PS3 version gives you AIDS. Console exclusives!
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Quote Originally Posted by AaronChance View Post
    I hear the 360 version gives you cancer, and the PS3 version gives you AIDS. Console exclusives!
    It also make us dummer da more we play dem me sure wish wad smartter

5. I have a macbook air.

I'll go ahead and buy it on a console.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. I installed Steam on my iMac to play L4D2 and TF2. I wasn't even 5 minutes in to a game of L4D2 before I regretted doing it.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 29 Oct 2011 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I would have regretted buying an iMac long before that.

8. It's payed for itself 20 times over so I definitely do not.

That being said I am planning on making a media-centric PC formulated for my television playing. I want it to be in a horizontal tower with USB ports on the front side for controllers and easy access with a lot of mesh-screen panels and fans for airflow. I don't need a monitor - I am going to hook it directly in to one of the HD ports of my Samsung 46" television and use the component switch to view the desktop.

I am going to use it as my media centre. PC games (I will still play games like Mass Effect 3 on my Xbox) like Battlefield 3, Portal 2 and any of the games I missed playing in the last year will be loaded in. TF2 and L4D2 will also be added. It's solely for games with a better experience on PC based on who I will be playing them with. I'm sure Deus Ex would play smoother on a PC as well. My iTunes and music collection will be played through it. I don't have a super sound system or anything (it's not really my thing) but I like being able to centralize everything. Plus alot of my gaming friends are PC nerds (like Yoshi and Opaque) so some games just make sense to play on PC for that reason alone. I mean I'll miss being called a cocksucking faggot by a 9 year old from Arkansas but you gotta do what you gotta do.

It's easy to see why people would just choose to play on PS3 or Xbox 360 if you aren't a skunk ape unable to empathize where people are coming from in the slightest. It's work. I'm going to write it off in my business taxes in January. We make websites so I can easily put all of this in to the system for usability testing and quality assurance.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 29 Oct 2011 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I mean I'll miss being called a cocksucking faggot by a 9 year old from Arkansas but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Five days.