Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

And yet it won't matter.

2. Tell that to the $60 I didn't spend on New Vegas.

3. They could release this game with no prior media or reviews and I'd still buy it the day it comes out.

I don't give two shits about whether or not it's buggy, it'll still probably be the most open world and modded game that comes out next year.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    it'll still probably be the most open world and modded game that comes out next year.
    Games that ship horribly broken tend to be heavily modded, yes.

5. I have, like, no game play fix mods for Oblivion or New Vegas and neither of those games crashed on me for any reason other than me using mods that weren't finished yet.

Just saying.

6. So is this pronounced "sky-rim" or "skyr-im"?

7. I'm not talking about bugs, although those are certainly plentiful. Bethesda games are broken on a fundamental design level. Everything from the interface to the combat to the dialogue to the character models and animation. Only when they're heavily modded do they approach anything playable, and even then... well, it's not pretty.

They continue to sell, even to naysayer like myself, because so few other developers are willing to take up the mantle for these types of massive single-player RPGs.

8. I was gonna post in here about how excited I was for a new Elder Scrolls after all these years, but I just don't feel i could compete with the level of nerdism you you all have already supplied to this thread. Congrats!

9. sigh:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/16/be...tty-far-along/

"Additionally, he pointed out that the upcoming project will run on existing consoles and is built on the same engine that powered Oblivion and Fallout 3."

RAAAGGGGEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    So is this pronounced "sky-rim" or "skyr-im"?
    I think he said "Ski (as in snow) -rim" last night.