Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

1. I like Game Informer because it comes with the discount card at Gamestop. Anytime I buy more than $100 worth of used games I sign up for another card and I get another free year.

It's great bathroom reading.

I literally have never bought a used game at GameStop. Fuck supporting that company and/or catching knuckledragger cooties.

I also cannot handle non-mint games. My OCD does not allow it.

3. I wish Gamestop would die, but I'll take advantage of their buy 2 get 1 free sales until they do.

It's so hard to get a good deal even during those. It's not impossible, but it's way harder than most people think.

5. I use them to flesh out old stuff.

I walked in like two years ago and picked up about 20 worth owning games for PS2/GC/Xbox for under $100 after the deal and discount card. Most were games that I sold to gamestop back in the day for $20 or more. All and all a good deal for me in the long run. Last year I got a few early Wii/PS3/360 games, maybe like 6, for about $60. Sometimes there's treasure.

Also when I worked there I bought Star Ocean Second Story off some guy for like $2. That was cool.

6. Given the limited local options, I use Gamestop more than I'd like. They do occasionally have good used options, and I've cleaned up during the B2G1 deals.

7. i wanted to play Oblivion today. went to my shelf to grab it and remembered i lent it to a buddy. gonna have to hunt his ass down now.

8. I hate Gamestop, but I will surely give them money when I can get things like Nier for $15 new/sealed, $9.99 360 VGA cords new/sealed, new/sealed Chaos War for $9.99, etc. Basically anything I'm fairly sure they are taking a loss on.
    It's nice when things like Tales of the Abyss and Xenosaga III suddenly appear on their shelves too.

Back on topic, I look forward to buying this game, and not caring for it. Just like Morrowind and Oblivion.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    It's great bathroom reading.
    This is the only time I read GI, and I'm thankful for it.

And this game can do no wrong by me, I easily had 400+ hours on the last one.

10. So this is what it says on the back:

DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIN / NAAL OK ZIN LOS VAHRIIN / WAH DEIN VOKUL MAHFAERAAK AHST VAAL / AHRK FIN NOROK PAAL GRAAN / FOD NUST HON ZINDRO ZIN / DOVAHKIIN FAH HIN KOGAAN MU DRAAL /

AHRK FIN KEL LOST PRODAH / DO VED VIING KO FIN KRAH / TOL FOD ZEYMAH WIN KEIN MEYZ FUNDEIN / ALDUIN FEYN DO JUN / KRUZIIK VOKUN STAADNAU / VOTH AAN BAHLOK WAH DIIVON FIN LEIN

DRAGONBORN DRAGONBORN / BY HIS HONOR IS SWORN / TO KEEP EVIL FOREVER AT BAY / AND THE FIERCEST ROUT / WHEN THEY HEAR TRIUMPH'S HONOR / DRAGONBORN FOR YOUR BLESSING WE PRAY

AND THE SCROLLS HAVE FORTOLD / OF BLACK WINGS IN THE COLD / THAT WHEN BROTHERS WAGE WAR COME UNFURLED / ALDUIN BANE OF KINGS / ANCIENT SHADOW UNBOUND / WITH A HUNGERY TO SWALLOW THE WORLD