Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition Prints: Would anyone be interested?

1. Limited Edition Prints: Would anyone be interested?

I was talking to some people tonight about some of my photography. One of the discussions was the idea of making about 10-25 prints of an image and selling them as a limited series possibly going for around $50. I have a few takers already, but was just curious if anyone here would be interested at all as well, or just think that it would be a good idea. I am trying to find a way to make a little money off my photography and at least one way to start getting my name out there. Possible a good idea, would people be interested, and would anyone here maybe be interested?
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 18 Dec 2010 at 03:04 AM.

2. How big? And would you take your copyright shit out of it? And yes you absolutely should be doing this. Anyone here who wants to do art full time and has talent should. You're a great photographer. The only thing you need is for people to realize you exist and you'll probably get some gigs. Sell them online too if you can. Post on sites like Coroflot and Behance.net to increase your circulation, too.

If you don't tell people how great you are some other photographer will take your spot by doing the same thing.

Absolutely do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Self promotion, bro. Do it.

4. The size depends on the image. The one I had in mind doing first would be an 11x16 black and white of Arches National Park. For that size, I was actually thinking $55 + shipping. Possibly doing a limited run of 25. I'm using my phone right now, so I will have to post the image later. And yes, my copyright and watermark would of course be gone. I just do that for the web. I would just sign and number the back.

And thanks Drew. I will check out those sites when I get home.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 18 Dec 2010 at 03:03 PM.

5. How much would it cost to make each print?

$55 seems like a lot for a no name artist given the size, but maybe I don't know cost.

I probably wouldn't buy any, I like paintings (and posters, gotta get out of that shit) on my wall more than photos...but maybe.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. I would. He's a great photographer. One of my friends from HS is a photographer and she has a gathering tomorrow at a Philly bar selling her photos (Art in the Dark). Facebook is another avenue to travel down, just to get your name out.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. $55 is fine for his photography. It's not low end junk. So long as he limits his prints and markets himself correctly it will work.

But you may want to do some high-volume ones, too. Just to pass around and get your name out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    I would. He's a great photographer. One of my friends from HS is a photographer and she has a gathering tomorrow at a Philly bar selling her photos (Art in the Dark). Facebook is another avenue to travel down, just to get your name out.
    Problem with Facebook is it's closed community. I have to know you in order to friend you and then see your drawings / photos. That's the opposite of what you want to have happen - which is someone see's one of your photos and THEN searches you out. MySpace is probably better in this regard - but it's been over run by teeny boppers, hipsters and trolls. But that was MySpace's initial platform -- for musicians and comedians to network (Dane Cook being the biggest success).
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 18 Dec 2010 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Problem with Facebook is it's closed community.
    Good point. I keep forgetting Facebook is a closed community.

Also, another good MySpace success "Souljaboi Tell'em".
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

I thought he got famous from YouTube?