Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official DLC Discussion Thread

1. Official DLC Discussion Thread

DLC is fucking cancer. It's well on its way to ruining the whole industry. And I don't think I'm being overly dramatic.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    DLC is fucking cancer. It's well on its way to ruining the whole industry. And I don't think I'm being overly dramatic.
    I can't fathom how people can get all worked up about motion controls, but not getting nickel and dimed paying for pieces of a game you already bought.

The real sadness of the mainstreamening of this industry isn't having to wave your arms around to play games, it's that all the money sharks smelled blood and swarmed around.

3. This overpriced, micro-DLC trash is giving a bad name to the original, still-awesome DLC: expansion packs.

No matter how many times Valve talks about how significant free content boosts sales of the original game (and then proves it), almost no one listens. These short-sighted companies can think no further than 10000 downloads of free content = 0$

Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post
    I can't fathom how people can get all worked up about motion controls, but not getting nickel and dimed paying for pieces of a game you already bought.
    Gameplay trumps all, and motion controls, with the exception of pointers, ruin it. That said, I still have bought exactly one piece of DLC for a game: All Fronts for Gears 2. For lesser games, they can release all the DLC they want, because I'm not buying it anyway.

I thought you were buying $50+ garbage DLC from Cave. I guess it's ok if they put it on a disc and pretend real hard?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Don't forget the avatar Lightsaber.

I said "DLC for a game." Neither of those is inconsistent with that statement. And Cave games would be a kin to Gears of War, as in they don't fall into the "lesser game" statement there. You guys would make lousy lawyers.

edit: And you left out my Bossk costume.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avatar-body.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	59253  
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 Dec 2010 at 10:34 AM.

8. Meh, it's all close enough and paying for dumb avatar shit is far worse than paying for good DLC for great games even if they don't fall under your hilarious "guilt-free" zone. Telling your favorite developers it's okay to gouge you is just as bad as telling the bad ones, because you know the bad ones are just going to follow suit.

You'll never be able to explain to Yoshi that he's a hypocrite. Save your time.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Meh, it's all close enough and paying for dumb avatar shit is far worse than paying for good DLC for great games even if they don't fall under your hilarious "guilt-free" zone. Telling your favorite developers it's okay to gouge you is just as bad as telling the bad ones, because you know the bad ones are just going to follow suit.
    How are the bad ones going to gouge me? I'm never going to buy their games, let alone their DLC. And dumb avatar shit doesn't lead to incomplete games being released, which I think is more people's major problem with DLC.