Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: Official DLC Discussion Thread

My stance on DLC is the same as before. I will buy proper expansion packs but no way am I buying little things like individual weapons.

2. Really depends on the game, and the DLC. If the game really catches me, and I want to experience more of the SP, there's a better chance I'll buy the DLC. If the DLC is nothing but "challenges", like here's a bunch of speed sequences, or see how high you can get a combo on these sequences, I'm not going to buy it. If it's just weapons, armor, and ingame items, also not going to buy it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. I just hold out for complete editions.

4. I bought all the 25-cent extra/remixed Bullet Witch levels. I never played them; I just liked the idea of buying someone at cavia a cup of coffee.

5. I'm with kedawa. I waited forever to play Mass Effect 3 because I was waiting for a package like Mass Effect 2 on PS3, where a lot of DLC was included already.
    The only DLC I've bought* was the Pirate pack for Two Worlds II. And then never played it.
    I would have bought the Amalur DLC, but I hit the level cap in the main game and the DLC didn't extend it, so I didn't feel the need to play more.
    I've read plenty of impressions of DLC in the threads here, and it seems not worth the money most of the time.
    So my position is: fuck you if you think I'm paying $60 for a game, $50 for a season pass, and then more if everything isn't covered by the season pass.
    I will wait for the complete edition or just not play the game at all.
    If the people behind Guild Wars and Witcher can afford to support their games post release, so can the rest of these hacks.

Serious question: What CoD DLC map was so much better than what was originally included?

*upon further review, I suppose Guitar Hero/Rock Band tracks count as DLC. I have bought some of that stuff (when heavily discounted).

Depends on the game, the dlc, and the price. I got the dlc for Bioshock infinity. But I like that game and I got the game and dlc on sale.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I pretty much treat DLC like I treat the original games, which makes sense, given that the majority of my games are digital now anyway. I typically buy all story DLC for games I like. I don't buy challenges, weapons, skins, or multiplayer maps with the lone and aging exception to the last being Gears 2. I've even bought a few season passes when I really trust the developer, e.g. BioShock Infinite and The Evil Within. I guess you could summarize all that in that I'll buy more content for games I like but not Barbie dress up.
    I don't usually care for challenges or multiplayer maps either unless I really plan on going in on the multiplayer.

Additional campaign DLC are the types of DLC I'll definitely buy but it's become more economical to just get the season passes if it's more than one or two parts and even then I'll try to hold out on sales on seasons passes. DLC accessory stuff in games where you can customize your characters like skins and armor I'll buy on occasion depending on how cool they look but I don't buy these crazy Gears of War weapon skin packs just to have a rainbow retro lancer.

8. I like it when it's an expansion, like the Shivering Isles for Oblivion. Superfluous bullshit can GTFO though.

I should have mentioned that I pay full price for DLC very rarely as well. Steam sales usually include the DLC at a similar if not identical discount.

10. I only buy DLC at full price if it's for a multiplayer game I'm playing very regularly or some kind of story expansion (Mass Effect, Fallout, Skyrim, etc) for a game I finished and really enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Serious question: What CoD DLC map was so much better than what was originally included?
    I've only been playing CoD since BO2 but for me the maps are just something new to play on after playing the original maps several days a week for 3+ months. Plus with each (of 4) you get a new Zombies/"whatever co-op mode" map to play as well and those form out a storyline between each other. If I wasn't playing the multiplayer so much I wouldn't buy them but it's a nice change of pace if you enjoy what your playing already. As for the other micro-DLC, it's mostly cosmetic and when its' just that I'm fine with it. I usually buy 1 or 2 gun skins over the course of the year. Advanced Warfare brought in something I'm not thrilled with in the supply drops and the items they drop. You start with an armory that can hold like 120 items which includes everything (guns, hats, boots, ect.) and fills up pretty fast over the course of a prestige and once it's full you have to destroy/convert items into XP. Now they're selling multiple "armory upgrades" with 120 extra slots for $2 each for those of us playing the game a lot and running out of room to hold onto what we want. And it's only a matter of time before they start selling the supply drops (like Battlefield with the battlepacks).
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in