Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1828303132

Thread: Steam Holiday Sale 2010

1. dead space was dull as hell. Bad rental.

2. *buys Hinterland*

I forgot that existed, thanks for the reminder. $2.50 is too cheap to pass up.

And that makes my take from this sale-

Flight Control HD
    Hinterland
    Sim City 4 Deluxe
    The Undergarden

Plus Oblivion Everything Pack for my sister, which doesn't really count seeing as she gave me cash for it. I think I got everything big I wanted in last year's sale.

-edit- Hinterland is a lot of fun, as it turns out.

James
    Last edited by James; 03 Jan 2011 at 02:18 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by AaronChance View Post
    Buy Hinterland before it's too late if you want a rogue-like mashed with a town building sim. $2.50.
    Thanks. Got this. Kinda neat but feels way low budget. Didn't Tilted Mill arise out of the developers who made Pharaoh (which was awesome, btw) back in like '98? That was way more polished.

I also bought that Grotesque tactics RPG after playing the demo. Seems semi-amusing. Baffling interface problems, though. The ad vid promotes the main programmer as hailing from the Gothic series so I guess it's not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I also bought that Grotesque tactics RPG after playing the demo. Seems semi-amusing. Baffling interface problems, though. The ad vid promotes the main programmer as hailing from the Gothic series so I guess it's not unexpected.
    Uh oh. You must have caught my "AAA soccer mom" bug, since you're buying the same games I did.

5. Please stay on topic, Yoshi.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Thanks. Got this. Kinda neat but feels way low budget. Didn't Tilted Mill arise out of the developers who made Pharaoh (which was awesome, btw) back in like '98? That was way more polished.
    Yep. I believe Hinterland was done as a little side game. It's pretty janky, but fun once you get a big town going and hauling your better citizens off to die in the fields to get that mine and fulfill the king's request.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2