Thread: where do you think Lara Croft belongs?

1. where do you think Lara Croft belongs?

From what I know, she's been in 3 forms of media, games (where she started), movie (we knew that was coming), and comics (great adventure stories).
    Between the games and film, I see the Lara figure as something more or less of a life-less marketing item, yet when I read a few of the comics, I saw a real difference in how she was developed.
    1) much info on her comes from her backstory
    2) she is very much artistic in her looks, personality, and seems like there's more "reason" for what she's doing.
    3) while it's still Tomb Raider, there's a lot of different quests and situations she gets caught up in.

I'd say, if you also check how she looks in the books, she's almost a different character as the artists know how draw her the way she SHOULD look. Very artistic indeed, but the other characters at least get some real development as well to help much of the plot. If I were to pick which would be my favs, I would outright say that the movie is more or less an "addition" while the games can go straight to hell for all I care. Even if Eidos were to go out of business, at least on paperback, she's likely to get fair treatment.

I hope the comic scene with Lara grows. I have a void which is danger-girl which needs to be filled.
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

2. I bought the comic in the beginning but when I had to quit my job I wasn't able to keep up. I really should get back into it as I enjoyed the book alot more than the games.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

3. Well, I like the game series, I hate the movie, and I never read the comics

I'll say she stays in the gaming, but since TR movie made soo much money, expect the Part 2 come next year.

I do look forward new, TR Angel of Darkness game, it looks like a step in the new direction, and a some fresh air that series needed.

4. where do you think Lara Croft belongs?
    In my bed!

Oh man am *I* witty or WHAT!?

Z-roe
    A is for action

5. no, she belongs in "MY" bed!!
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

In a noose.

7. Tomb Raider comics? Ugh. They sell for the same reason the games sell: tits. Go buy a Playboy.

Image publishes exaclty three good comics: Powers, Rising Stars, and Liberty Meadows (upcoming; Cho also has a facination with large-breasted females, but at least he's funny).

And don't even get me started on Danger Girl.

8. In a dumpster and in many different horrifying pieces.

I loved the first Tomb Raider..hell, its why I bought a PSX, but the sequels? Ouch..
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. Originally posted by Despair
    I'll say she stays in the gaming, but since TR movie made soo much money, expect the Part 2 come next year.
    It's been announced, they've started work, and Angelina has stated she wants to get nude for it... It's a sad, sad world we live in.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

10. Why doesn't some kind soul post some pictures of Lucy Clarkson.