View Poll Results: Do you want the next generation of consoles to launch now?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES. The graphics on PS360 are way behind the PC.

12 20.00%
  • NO. I don't want to pay $600 for a next gen console.

48 80.00%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: Time for the Next Generation?

1. If it's time for a new generation of Microsoft or Sony hardware, then there was no point in releasing the Xbox Kinect or PS Move for the current consoles. I don't really care about 3DTV. The current gen still has untapped potential.

Microsoft needs to start putting a better D-Pad in their controllers... right fucking now. Start doing it with the next batch of 360 controllers. When controllers cost $40-50, any shoddiness is inexcusable. The PS3's split cross key is better than the stock X360 D-Pad. We don't need a new controller for next generation either. M&S should stick with backward compatibility.

Quad antialiasing can GTFO if ditching it ensures 60 FPS. Even at 720p, jaggies aren't much of an issue. I'd take jaggies over a reduced frame rate if it came down to that.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    If it's time for a new generation of Microsoft or Sony hardware, then there was no point in releasing the Xbox Kinect or PS Move for the current consoles. I don't really care about 3DTV. The current gen still has untapped potential.

Microsoft needs to start putting a better D-Pad in their controllers... right fucking now. Start doing it with the next batch of 360 controllers. When controllers cost $40-50, any shoddiness is inexcusable. The PS3's split cross key is better than the stock X360 D-Pad. We don't need a new controller for next generation either. M&S should stick with backward compatibility.

Quad antialiasing can GTFO if ditching it ensures 60 FPS. Even at 720p, jaggies aren't much of an issue. I'd take jaggies over a reduced frame rate if it came down to that.
    More compromising. I want 4x antialiasing, 1080p, 60 fps, and more. But I totally agree there was no point in releasing Move or especially Kinect and that Microsoft d-pads suck. So do Sony's and Nintendo's though.

Sega, you are missed