Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 360 HDD Question

1. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    If all you're doing is saving your games and not taking advantage of any of the awesome shit that XBL brings than you'd be fine with a $5 USB drive.
    I know XBL has a lot of cool shit on it. I'm just pretty time/cash strapped (i.e. right now I'm waiting for my kids to settle into their naps before house work before I do an 8 hour shift at work tonight) and shit... took me over a month to get through Bioshock 2. If I had the time for XBL and the like then yeah I'd make sure I got a big ass hard drive. I was making due with a 68 MEG memory card the wifey got me when she surprised me with the 360 two years ago (back when HDDs cost a fortune). So the worst I gotta deal with is a life lesson on hard drive advertising and the lost "opportunity cost" of not doing things differently with the gift card I got.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

2. If you didn't know you can install disc games to your HD, saves wear and tear on the dvd drive, cuts down on the noise in the old xbox design and improves load times in most games. Worth doing for any game you play most.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    If you didn't know you can install disc games to your HD, saves wear and tear on the dvd drive, cuts down on the noise in the old xbox design and improves load times in most games. Worth doing for any game you play most.
    Yeah, this is the biggest reason I need a big HDD.

4. It does add up.

5. I totally forgot you could do this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    If you didn't know you can install disc games to your HD, saves wear and tear on the dvd drive, cuts down on the noise in the old xbox design and improves load times in most games. Worth doing for any game you play most.
    I was under the impression that you could only do that for certain games and then could only d/l bits and pieces of the game to improve on load times/etc... not cut the disc out in its entirety. In the handful of games I've played I've never seen a "download game to HD" feature. I also don't recall seeing it on the XBox dashboard.
    Last edited by Bojack; 31 Dec 2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: fucked up an "it's/its"

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

7. Insert disc, return to the dashboard, press Y.

You're wrong.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    I was under the impression that you could only do that for certain games and then could only d/l bits and pieces of the game to improve on load times/etc... not cut the disc out in it's entirety. In the handful of games I've played I've never seen a "download game to HD" feature. I also don't recall seeing it on the XBox dashboard.
    You can install the entirety of any 360 game onto the hard drive. Once installed, you will still need the disc in the drive for authentication purposes, but the game will play off the hard drive. You have to update the dashboard, though. If you're still stuck on the pre-avatar dashboard, then you won't be able to do it.

10. Not any game. There are exceptions. Crackdown for one.