Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 360 HDD Question

1. You do LOSE some to formatting, but its mostly because drives and storage are sold using decimal numbers.

IE: 1 Gigabyte=1000 Megabytes

In reality, anything with a CPU sees things in hexidecimal, so to a computer,
    1 Gigabyte=1024 Megabytes

Its marketing bullshit used to inflate things. Just like Amplifier Wattage ratings.

The 360 does also hold some space for caching, so you lose even more.
    Last edited by Wildkat; 03 Jan 2011 at 05:21 PM.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

2. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    You do loose some to formatting

3. dooo loooose

Amplifier wattage ratings are just fine, as long as you understand what they're saying. Maybe you don't?

5. I do, and you do, because we know what to look for. But the person who buys that 9000 WATT! Car stereo with the heatsink the size of a quarter doesn't. Its meant to rope in people who don't know any better.

also: looooooooose.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    Then why don't hdd makers take a target value that they'll advertise x1.10 and then make the hard drive bigger accordingly? Also, I can see a standard pc hdd needing room for the ops system but why does a 360 hdd need space for system software? Shouldn't all that shit be in the 360? It runs w/o a hard drive so shouldn't the hdd need negligible space for its bios or whatever?
    I checked out what was on the 20 gig HDD for my backup 360. It has 2.2gigs being used for game demos of Burnout, Tomb Raider: Legend and The New Kameo. It also has another 1.6 gigs being used for media demos, like Justice League. That's where 3.6 gigs of your space went.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I checked out what was on the 20 gig HDD for my backup 360. It has 2.2gigs being used for game demos of Burnout, Tomb Raider: Legend and The New Kameo. It also has another 1.6 gigs being used for media demos, like Justice League. That's where 3.6 gigs of your space went.
    Well fuck that. Besides I returned the 20 gig for full regund so it's outta my life.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    Well fuck that. Besides I returned the 20 gig for full regund so it's outta my life.