Page 1 of 130 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2011: Challenge of the Gods

1. Completion Thread 2011: Challenge of the Gods

I only finished 15 games this year, a far cry from my goal of 30-50 games.

Anyway, I wonder if any TNLer can finish over 100 games in 2011. And no flash game or some shmup with infinite continues (1cc should count).

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Anyway, I wonder if any TNLer can finish over 100 games in 2011.
    Rocca can.

P.S. - Can someone capitalize the word "gods" in the thread title? That being the only word not capitalize is bugging me.

3. gods are bullshit lie, so don't worry about it

4. lol, just wrapped something up.

01 - F.E.A.R.

Just finished on hard. This is a surprisingly good game. The level layouts are bland for a good 2/3rds of the areas, but the enemy behavior being awesome makes up for all of that and then some. The slow motion is cool to show off the still-impressive lighting, violence, and destruction, but I'm wondering if the game needed it.

The goofy, tracking-free, and ridiculously powerful melee attacks are great.

5. That was fast. It's short, then? I'm in chapter 3 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    And no flash game or some shmup with infinite continues (1cc should count).
    Or shit cell phone games.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    gods are bullshit lie, so don't worry about it
    lol. I'm out of rep for kof. Virtual rep get.

6. I think there were twelve chapters. I'd say longer than most current-gen cover shooters and shorter than my first Deus Ex playthrough.

Steam says it took me twelve hours.

7. Maybe I'll power through. I like it okay so far, but am not nearly as enamored with the battles. On the other hand...

1. Half-life 2: Episode Two - PC

I liked this a whole bunch. The main game and Ep 1 were both good, but this chapter outdoes them I think. Moves along at an incredibly brisk pace. Combat is satisfying as hell thanks in large part to the combine electric machine gun weapon (don't recall the name -- it's the second one in the #3 slot). Greatest, most gloriously thunky firing sound effect ever. Engine holds up remarkably well. Playing in 1600x1200 and constantly zooming in to admire things. None of this is new to the franchise of course. I guess it just gelled for me particularly well here.

Oh, also I like the several little optional scavenger hunt-ish achievement-related tasks (grubs, radar beacons, web caches).

Has my favorite in-game story scenes as well. Alyx getting speared by the Hunter. Dog kicking ass on the Strider. Dog rescuing Alyx at the end. Alyx reacting over dad's death. All so much better handled in direction, voice acting, and overall execution than we've come to expect from games.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Rocca can.

P.S. - Can someone capitalize the word "gods" in the thread title? That being the only word not capitalize is bugging me.
    And you harp on me abut little shit bugging me.

9. Abut, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Maybe I'll power through. I like it okay so far, but am not nearly as enamored with the battles. On the other hand...

1. Half-life 2: Episode Two - PC

I liked this a whole bunch. The main game and Ep 1 were both good, but this chapter outdoes them I think. Moves along at an incredibly brisk pace. Combat is satisfying as hell thanks in large part to the combine electric machine gun weapon (don't recall the name -- it's the second one in the #3 slot). Greatest, most gloriously thunky firing sound effect ever. Engine holds up remarkably well. Playing in 1600x1200 and constantly zooming in to admire things. None of this is new to the franchise of course. I guess it just gelled for me particularly well here.

Oh, also I like the several little optional scavenger hunt-ish achievement-related tasks (grubs, radar beacons, web caches).

Has my favorite in-game story scenes as well. Alyx getting speared by the Hunter. Dog kicking ass on the Strider. Dog rescuing Alyx at the end. Alyx reacting over dad's death. All so much better handled in direction, voice acting, and overall execution than we've come to expect from games.
    I <3 2011 so far.