Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll be out of action for a while.

Jay Guest

I'll be out of action for a while.

Last Thursday, I went in for a regular eye exam, well, about as regular as can be for me given the vast assortment of visual problems I have. In summary, blindness in right eye, glaucoma, cataracts, poor sight in left eye. Well, on Thursday, I found out that I can add three holes and a detachment in my left retina. Mind you, my left eye is the only one I have left. Well, my eye doctor says that we caught the problem just in the nick of time. If I'd waited two days, the retina would be fully detached and ALL of my vision in my left eye would be gone. He scheduled emergency surgery for Friday at 5 PM. I go to the hospital at around 10 for a checkup with the doctor, just to make sure no big changes have happened since Thursday. After this bit of fun, I have around five hours before they do blood work. After alll that is said and done, I go to pre-op, get changed into an ever-so-fashionable hospital gown, and get ready for surgery. That's at about 2.30 PM. At around 8.30 PM, they tell me I'm ready to go. My surgeon's previous patients had complications with surgery, wihch caused a huge delay. Anyways, at around midnight I wake up all happy and such from the morphine trip I'm on. I ask the doctor basic questions such as when I'll be able to see again, and he says by the next day. Due to the patch over my eye, I couldn't see jack, so I REALLY wanted to know this. I wait until the next morning to take the patch off, and I can only see light. I'm freaking out. He tells me that it's normal, and that I'll be able to see fully within a week or two. I go in for a checkup yesterday and he tells me that the gas bubble in my eye, which was placed there to reattach the retina, will be gone in a couple of days, and after that, my vision will be back to normal. Sans for being able to see minute details. He said he was amazed at how fast I recovered. Anyways, I'm supposed to keep internet usage to a bare minimum, so don't expect to see me around here much. Well, less so than usual. To make matters even more fun, I won't be able to play games for TWO WEEKS. I couldn't play them last Thursday due to doctor's orders, and now I'll have to wait two more weekS. Right after I buy a GC... Ah well, sure beats the non-surgery alternative, never being able to see again.

Stibbons Guest
    That's some scary stuff there. Hope you get well soon.

3. Man...

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

4. Yeah, Man. I also hope you will get better soon I will cheer for you

Damn, The idea of loosing my sight is really scarying me. I hope I would never have to go through the things like that.

5. Get well soon Jay. I have had a few vision problems myself, though nothing nearly as serious as you have had, but it's pretty scary.

Best wishes.

6. If you cant play games or hang at TNL, make sure you eat lost of junk food and icecream and the like whilst recovering. Its the best part of recovery.

good luck

Yep Good luck Jay and I hope everything turns out well.

8. screw TV and computers for a while man...let your eyes rest and shit. Come on back when you're 100 percent...well as much as you can be at 100%. Good luck man!!!
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

9. Fuck!

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be blind, so my heart goes out to you bro.

Keep us posted, and good luck in you're recovery!

10. Damn, that's some very heavy stuff, man.
    I hope you have a good recovery and keep coming by after those two weeks are up. I haven't seen you post one of your reviews in quite a while.
    if ya see a sucker, cut him, don’t like perpetrators
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/doktorMott.png