Thread: Viva el Mexico D.F.

Viva el Mexico D.F.

I'm going to be taking a business trip to Mexico City soon. I haven't been since a school trip in 1992. Has anyone traveled there any time recently? Any tips aside from the obvious hidden money pocket, Imodium, and don't drink the water? I'll have company reserved drivers, so I don't have to worry about taxis or other transportation. I'm also staying at a five star hotel, so no worries there.

I'm really irritated at myself for letting my Spanish go. I took 15 years of it in school, including a minor in college but haven't used it much at all in the last decade. Hopefully the immersion will help bring it back, but in five days I somewhat doubt it. It's the damn verb tenses that I am going to screw up. I know the people I am meeting with speak English, but I am a firm believer of "when in Rome," so I want to respect their language.

2. Mexico is fucking crazy right now (there were 11,000 drug related murders last year including hundreds of police officers) and most white people from southern California seem to be staying out of the last two or three years.

I'll be interested to see what you say about your experience down there; a lot of work is going into rebuilding the police force and so forth, I'd like for it to work out.

Some of the best, freshest sushi I've ever had was in Mexico.

4. that wasn't sushi, it was people!

I'm ok with that.