Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

1. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far, five hours in and counting. Having said that, anyone else find the art style a little busy? Sometimes it's hard to pick out a detail from the dozens of other details in the background, like the cats in the cul de sac area, and sometimes the Shinra boxes you can smash for extra goodies.

2. The lip sync is horrendously bad.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Lip sync is usually ok on the main characters (it can get pretty bad in places) but the mini-quest people are basically marionettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    The lip sync is horrendously bad.
    its mixed. I've seen it line up. And I've seen people talk with the mouths not moving like popeye.

I feel like parts of this game were rushed. Or they left in place holders. I've seen the same chemicals bottles over and over again. Same vehicles. And there is a mix of real life vehicles and the weird final fantasy vehicles we've seen in other games. There are 1970s cars, 1980s vans, ww2 guns and tool boxes. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the industrial areas rob Nier 2 of assets.

The mocap sucks. Maybe this happens with jrpgs because of the way they structure sentences? So the body language doesn't match up? But this doesn't happen in anime, sooooo?

I'm about 40 hours in. My only real gripe is lack of charm. It feels more like I'm playing Dead Rising, doing fetch quests, than the old FF7. i've got mixed feelings on the battle engine. I don't like waiting on the action bar to fill up with monsters that can only be hurt with magic.

5. I don't know about rushed, but there's clearly things that were high priority and low priority.

I've never noticed bad lip syncing on the main characters, seems like they redid all the mouth movements to match English voice acting, but quest givers and other NPCs look like original Godzilla dub.

Most areas are teaming with little details, but have you looked at some of the background images for the reactor or support pillars in the distance? It's some 480i shit for real. In chapter 13 the background looks, and I am not exaggerating, worse than any backdrop I've seen this generation if you stop and really look at it. It is grainy low res garbage that is jarring, really Meanwhile the area you're actually playing through is so carefully crafted.

Lots more examples. Hard to know what was technical limitations, unrealistic work loads if the game was ever gonna release, or just laziness, but there's a real dichotomy if quality in this game.

Make no mistake though, its overall incredible and these short comings are nitpicks with an otherwise exceptional experience.

I am not really noticing any of the visual so and so's (outside of the kung fu dub) since the most current game I've played was Last of Us on the PS3. The music transitioning between different arrangements of the theme when you run around Wall Market is super sick though. I'm about 35 hours in, on chapter 15 using the battle trainer thing in Shinra building to level up abilities/weapons/etc feeling like the game has to be ending soon.

The fetch questing stuff isn't bumming me out too much either. It's just running around spending more time in FFVII Universe, and that's what we all wanted anyway so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    nitpicks with an otherwise exceptional experience.
    I'm sure a Remastered Edition will be sold at some point to address some, but not all, of these nitpicks. Perhaps a Special FFVII Complete Edition a generation down the line (with Big Titty Tifa DLC included) will fix everything.

7. I saw a thing that explained how they basically have 4 versions of almost every areas song so the game can transition between them based on if you're in combat, watching story scenes play out, exploring and so on. Then there's the jukebox versions of tracks, which are fucking rad.

Shit is really clever and honestly the musical nostalgia mixed with the fantastic new tracks and overall great sound design is maybe the best part of playing this for me. Everytime a character theme started for the first time it hit hard.

8. Could someone teach cloud how to close a fucking door? It's insane.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I saw a thing
    I'm still on blackout until I finish the game. Today maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

I'm sure a Remastered Edition will be sold at some point to address some, but not all, of these nitpicks. Perhaps a Special FFVII Complete Edition a generation down the line (with Big Titty Tifa DLC included) will fix everything.
    'm hoping and crossing my fingers that the PC release is not locked down and easy to mod. I'd love to see a fan edit where all the post ps1 ff7 material is cutout and cleaned up. That would be a big mod but ff7 fans are just anal enough.