Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22323435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

1. I am in chapter 9, just beat the house and I am finding this chapter to be more annoying than fun. Things just seem to drag.

I like the themes that IP raised, I just haven't read all of it because of spoilers so I can't really discuss.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    If I'm the only one that cares, stop replying to that part of my opinion. You dont care, so why rebut it? I'm not going to reply to air or a vacuum.
    Again with this. Please stop trying to hide behind these words as if it's a pulpit you can stand on.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Finally done with Chapter 9, I didn't enjoy this chapter at all but Wall Market is breathtaking. It reminds me of Shenmue 2's HK.

wallmark is pretty great at night, if not confusing.

I wish they never let me see it during the day.

I spent all my Wallmart time running in circles getting lost like an asshole.

6. I just fought Reno and Rude , probably the worst fight so far. All I do is dodge, switch to other characters and heal, and occasionally spam the limit breaks. They are so much faster than you that you are constantly being interrupted. Still, it isn't hard since they don't seem to pay attention to your AI partners and they will do most of the damage.

7. Finished the game late last night.

I didn't have too many problems with the ending. It had one too many giant robot boss battles at the end, but the final final boss was excellent. No complaints.

Part of the problem is that the developers are laboring under peoples expectations on how to handle certain key plot points like Aerith's death and Sephiroth and how to handle that with a remake. In a sense, the remake becomes a commentary about remaking a game, which is kinda neat.

Would have liked to see more of the cool background stuff from the first ten hours. But the combat was top notch. I'll probably play it again. The game had me genuinely hooked, and it's been a long time since I can honestly say that about an RPG.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. Aerith dies? Fucking hell Sleeve no spoiler tags?!?!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I just fought Reno and Rude , probably the worst fight so far. All I do is dodge, switch to other characters and heal, and occasionally spam the limit breaks. They are so much faster than you that you are constantly being interrupted. Still, it isn't hard since they don't seem to pay attention to your AI partners and they will do most of the damage.
    For these fights, I find that the best strategy is to keep on Cloud and stay in Punisher mode, countering whenever possible to fill up that stagger bar. Late in the game you get a special counterstance move that's especially good for doing this. One trick to remember is that you can't roll out of Punisher mode, you need to always lean forward and attack to be mobile (I swear, it took me way to long to figure this out).
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Honestly I was very whatever about the side quests for Wall Market, but I hate all the side stuff. I enjoyed Madame M a lot because I love the lead geisha stereotype. Not being sarcastic, it’s one of my favorite tropes in anime. Battle coliseum was whatever, gay dance club was awesome.

However, Don Corneo made that all worth it. He should have been in it 4x more, he was spectacular. I’ve been playing it in Japanese mode though, some people were saying in English he’s a bit off.
    The wacky, balls to the wall stuff is great. The fetch quests are very mediocre.

They are doing an excellent job with the characters, and that’s what I came for. I feel like the battles overall are not too interesting and a lot of button mashing for me, but it’s fine. I’ll live.

Why is Roche only in like 10 minutes of the game though? I came for hot yaoi action.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread