Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253537383940 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

1. Hey! Hey Hey!

Don’t be callin’ me sweet Little Aerith that.
    Last edited by gamevet; 05 May 2020 at 03:24 PM.

The first time she says "Shit!" is a very odd feeling.

3. I’d have more colorful words if a ladder broke off under my ass.

4. Barrett with lightning and revive is a beast.

5. I loved the homage to the arcade classic Berzerk, when the Mark II Monodrives barked out “Intruder Alert”.

6. Finished it, and thought the story was cool but dumb at the same time. It seems pretty certain that Aerith isn't going to die this time around. Now I need to play the original to see what the story is supposed to be. I really hate all the boss fights in this game, really boring and one-dimensional. And those bike sections, I wish they just CGI the whole thing.

7. The amount of random battles really sucks the fun out of the original. I had put in around 110 hours into the game and had decided to go back to previously visited areas to collect the ultimate weapons for my party members. I got so sick of the random battles and the massive amount of traveling to get back to the final battle, that I pretty much quit the game before finishing it.

8. About 20 hours in now. Still enjoying the game even after the nostalgia wore off a bit. The fleshed out characters really have grown on me and seeing things happen to them I actually kind of gave a shit. Some of the dialog can be painfully Japanese but it’s just so damn polished. I don’t mind watching them chit chat just because they look so damn good. I’m also enjoying that game is still pretty linear and I can just follow the plot from a to b with just a few simple side quests sprinkled in. I’m tired of every game having to be a open world epic. Looking forward till the next chance I have to play it more.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

9. Finished at 25.5 hours. What a fun ride. I did all the side missions until the last side area then I said screw it and just smashed through till the end. It’s kinda insane the scale they went with. Good luck to them keeping up with it now that you leave midgar. Maybe we’ll see the sequel by the end of next gen.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. I’ve only missed one side mission and I’m at about 32 hours. I don’t see how you could finish it that fast without skipping that stuff.