Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes

1. Can't wait to get home and play this. Has anyone played Tenpura (Tempura?) of the Dead, their other game?

2. This game is so fucking brutal.

One pixel off and you die. So much fun, totally worth the $1.

3. This game rules. After I "beat" level 4 I walked offscreen past the door just to see...and yep, I died. Hilarious.

4. How many lives did you burn through in the first 4 levels? I lost most of mine on that first set of jumps in level 2, with the crumbling blocks and the one that falls from above. Bastard section, that.

James

5. I lost like fifteen to twenty lives fucking up the first jump of level two.

Not all at once, but every time I died there was a fifty percent chance I would die there again.

6. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    How many lives did you burn through in the first 4 levels? I lost most of mine on that first set of jumps in level 2, with the crumbling blocks and the one that falls from above. Bastard section, that.

James
    After completing the first 5 stages I had lost 61.

It worries me that the character can duck like 2 pixels.

7. Great. So how many more of these obnoxiously frustrating (but oh!, it's just so outrageous and hysterical!) platformers can we expect before this wild and crazy fad dies?

This game is $1 too expensive.

8. Compass did not do well at Super Meat Boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Who cares if some of the thousands of indie games being made are hard platformers? They obviously have a market and it's not as if they stop the games you like from being made.

10. If only that were true.