Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Fan Remix

Sonic Sonic Fan Remix

This could use a separate thread from Sonic 4.

The demo's out.
    http://digiex.net/downloads/download...html#post35895
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Act3_02.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	650.4 KB 
ID:	58569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Act2_02.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	806.6 KB 
ID:	58568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Act1_01.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	774.6 KB 
ID:	58567  

2. On his twitter, Yuji Naka said this looks 256 times better than Sonic 4. I concur. Now to see how it plays...

3. The only irritating thing was the brake noise when he would skid.

4. Yeah, can that be swapped out somehow?

edit: In the actual demo it is not that bad! The sound still isn't great, but the volume is low enough that it's a wash.

Holy crap what a pretty game. Level 2 is so nice. Hell of a portfolio piece for this dude!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 21 Oct 2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Thoughts after playing demo:

1) Gameplay is almost dead on. The only thing that needs a little work is the collision on the enemies (not enough bounce), and that's pretty overlookable. The physics are pretty spot on apart from that.
    2) I thought I hated the 3D rendered look for a Sonic game, but apparently it's not so bad when it isn't so sterile. The Sonic character in particular does a great job of capturing the Genesis era Sonic, how he animates, his sense of speed, without really losing a thing. It really makes Sonic 4's sprites look terrible.
    3) No d-pad support=sad me
    4) Unity is coming along pretty well! I wonder if we'll see this ported over to phones or other platforms.

6. Joy2Key = d-pad support, no? I think there's even a config in the game when you first boot it up.

Sonic doesn't have the idle/edge animation, but no biggie. I like the orca showing up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I tried to download this at work and was blocked. Ironically enough, my school uses a program called SonicWALL to block sites!

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Joy2Key = d-pad support, no?
    Yeah, joy2key works. Just complaining that it doesn't recognize the d-pad in the config, which is surely a Unity problem and not the fault of the guys who made this.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Sonic doesn't have the idle/edge animation, but no biggie. I like the orca showing up!
    He does have the edge animation, just not the idle.

9. It really is sad how much better this looks than the real Sonic 4. Seriously disgraceful.

10. SO if I download this, can I just plug in a 360 controller and go, or do I need to configure some stuff?