Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Top 10 Movies of 2010 (Any Year)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Knight and Day was the second best movie you saw in all of 2010?

Really?
    I'll explain so even a bitch can understand.

I don't go to movies. I torrent them.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. That's even more disturbing.
    It wasn't the cost of the movie ticket that made that movie suck...
    And if you steal every movie, then cost of entry shouldn't be a factor anyway.
    Steal better stuff.

3. 1.)District 9
    2.)2010
    3.)Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space
    4.)Absolon
    5.)Zebraman
    6.)District 13
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

4. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    I don't go to movies. I torrent them.
    That makes it worse.

Endless possibilities out there, all for free, and you liked that movie better than anything else but A-Team.

Can I count the four part She-Ra episode as a movie?

6. No real order except for #1.

Millennium Actress - This was the only Satoski Kon film I'd not seen until last year. In some ways, it's his best....but I think you can say that about everything he made.
    In Bruges - Best crime caper I'd seen in a while.
    Blood Creek - I expected this to suck, but it turned out to be a rather enjoyable horror film, starring a Nazi undead sorcerer.
    Splice - I can sort of forgive the ending when the first half was so interesting.
    Them - Ignore the hugely inferior US remake ("The Strangers") and watch this, the original French film.
    Timecrimes - Time stops for no one. Even Hector Tres.
    Triangle - Another time-thriller which was also much better than I anticipated.
    Ingluorious Basterds - Tarantino's best since Pulp Fiction.
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Once again, I had no idea what to expect and ended up enjoying it quite a bit.
    and my favorite of 2010:
    Valhalla Rising - It's slow and somewhat awkward, and I found it totally hypnotic.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

I can't recall every good movie I saw but these came to mind, mostly stuff from recent years and not in any order. I didn't watch many old movies last year.

City of God (2002)
    The Fall (2006) - Like The Cell, it has amazing dream cinematography. The kid's adorable, too. And I normally hate kids.
    Apocalypto (2006) - Gibson may be a douche but this was brilliant.
    Moon (2009) - The world needs more sci-fi like this.
    2LDK (2003)
    Inside (2007) - Genuinely disturbing and entertaining.
    Antichrist (2009) - Also genuinely disturbing and entertaining.
    Burn After Reading (2008) - One of the Coen bros better comedies.
    Triangle (2009) - see BioMechanic's comment
    In Bruges (2008)- see BioMechanic's comment

8. 2LDK is so good.

9. I can't remember the movies I saw because my brain is filled with actuarial mathematics and beer. But, I did really like In Bruges too. Didn't care for Burn After Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    5. The Lives of Others (2006)
    What the hell could've ousted Pan's Labyrinth for the Oscar in the Best Foreign Film of 2006 category? This, and it wholly deserved it. Very compelling stuff about the Stasi - East Germany's secret police before the collapse of the Berlin Wall - monitoring a couple of suspected West German sympathizers. Some of the best suspense this side of Hitchcock.
    I saw this a couple years ago, but yea, I had the same reaction. PL was an internets darling and nobody had heard of this. Much hand-wringing ensued. Pan's Labryinth was a good film but The Lives of Others is an all-time great. It's just an amazing, beautiful film.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 12 Jan 2011 at 07:49 PM.