Thread: Formating a laptop

Formating a laptop

OK SO HERE WE GO. Rebecca is donating her laptop to some program, and we want to erase that fucker first. Her CD drive doesn't work, because why would it?

Anyone have a version of Darik's Boot that I can run off of a thumb drive? Any other ideas?

I've been lol mac user for six years... so everything I remember is probably wrong, or outdated.

2. “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

3. http://tinyurl.com/6j3jer8

In all seriousness though if the formating from a USB drive thing doesn't work you could just buy a small cheap hard drive for it, and take out the one with all her shit on it, and put the new cheap drive in there. Neweeg has some really dirt cheap drives.

I do not have a copy of Darik's Boot, sorry, never heard of it. I have a cd burned with just a shit ton of hard drive manufacturers programs for writing drives to 0's. I believe it was called Ultimate boot or some shit like that.
    Here you go, here's a link describing how to convert ultimate boot cd to work off a USB stick. http://www.pendrivelinux.com/install...-a-usb-device/

*edit*

Wildkat beat me while I was typing out a reply.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I just want to drill a fucking hole through the thing and be done with it. Thanks for the links though.

5. That's like the equivalent of a hangar for babies.

Update: I took the laptop apart and formatted the hard drive with a hammer.

7. Show a bitch who's boss.
    Boo, Hiss.

It was so awesome.

9. I've done similar things with unresponsive kitchen equipment.

Feels good, man.
    Boo, Hiss.