Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Characters Who Defined a Decade

30 Characters Who Defined a Decade

In partnership with an article in Game Informer (oxymoron?), a print is being produced to commemorate the "30 characters who defined a decade":

It's $9.99 for a 9.5" x 48" version, or you can try to get one of 30 16.5" x 80" prints for $300.

Someone on CAG pointed out that they're "missing" Mario, Sack Boy, and Link, which might be the strongest feature this has.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500x_spratt_gameinformerpanoramic_80inch.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	59774  

2. Mario and Link didn't define THIS decade, and LBP might be the most overhyped piece of garbage I've played in recent years too.

Sounds about right.

3. AKA "IGN Staff Names 30 Characters At Lunch, Illustrated"
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Psychonauts? BG&E? The Heavy Rain father?

frrrrt

5. is that the hunchback from braid?

god damnit

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Mario and Link didn't define THIS decade
    While generic Link didn't define the decade, I would say that watercolor Link is deserving of a spot, especially if we're going to drag the list out to 30. Wind Waker represents the peak of the Gamecube.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    AKA "IGN Staff Names 30 Characters At Lunch, Illustrated"
    This. I'm about done with IGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Psychonauts? BG&E? The Heavy Rain father?

frrrrt
    Heavy Rain came out in 2010, so it wouldn't qualify for that decade. Yes, I know there was no Year Zero blah blah whatever nobody gives a fuck. When we talk about decades in review and any facet of pop culture, there are rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. Haha, Kaim from Lost Odyssey? I like LO, but you gotta be fuckin' kidding me.

I like how the Boss looks like a bad portrait of a stripper.

8. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    While generic Link didn't define the decade, I would say that watercolor Link is deserving of a spot, especially if we're going to drag the list out to 30. Wind Waker represents the peak of the Gamecube.
    Kanchenjunga represents the peak of the third highest mountain in the world.

9. I liked LO a lot, and I don't even remember who the hell Kaim was.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    Wind Waker represents the peak of the Gamecube.
    Get the fuck out with that bullshit. REmake, F-Zero GX, and Pikmin are what the GameCube was, is, and always will be about.