Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Expendables 2

1. Film The Expendables 2

Some liked it, some hated it(Dolemite). Well The Expendables 2 is going into pre-production soon. As far as we know thus far; Willis will be a villain, stallone wants to go all out with this film, and it should have more stars. Also, since Arnie's tennur as Gov' is over ... he should have a larger role.

The one thing everyone wanted was JCVD to be in the first one. Well for Expendables 2 ... we got our wish.

http://screenrant.com/jean-claude-va...ast-rob-96676/
    Quote Originally Posted by Screen Rant
    What’s cooler than a bunch of 80s action stars coming together to kick some butt for Sylvester Stallone? More 80s action stars!

When The Expendables was coming together, every fan of action movies in the world was fantasy casting the lead roles, throwing out names like Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal, names unfortunately that didn’t make it into the feature film despite Stallone offering the chance.

Come the success of the film and word of a The Expendables 2, and now everyone wants in, including JCVD.

While Stallone rolls around ideas in his head, he has made it well-known that he wants to bring in some more action stars for The Expendables 2 and that Bruce Willis will have a larger role as the sequel’s like villain. According to Willis, Stallone is “going for all the marbles this time, and [is] going to get everybody in ['The Expendables 2'].”

That first new addition may just be JCVD, aka “The Muscles from Brussels.” Van Damme was offered a role in the first The Expendables but turned down the opportunity because Stallone didn’t have a fleshed out character to offer him at the time. Instead, Van Damme went on to make another Universal Soldier, straight-to-DVD. Weird.

MovieWeb picked up on the forums of The Van Damme Files where director Sheldon Lettich (The Order, Double Impact) participates. Lettich wrote several of Van Damme’s earlier films, even directing a few, and he’s currently seeking to make Double Impact 2. According to him, Jean-Claude Van Damme is up for joining the cast of The Expendables 2 so long as fellow 80s/early 90s action star Steven Seagal isn’t involved.

“JC seems to be leaning towards appearing in the sequel, as far as I know… If Steven Seagal is not in the sequel. From what I’ve heard it, [Steven Seagal won’t be, not because of Sly, but because of producer Avi Lerner, who had a few bad experiences with Steven.”

I’d choose JCVD over Seagal personally, but it’s a shame they both can’t join. Either way, we’ll be hearing casting confirmations soon. Van Damme would be joining a large cast including all of the characters of The Expendables along with larger roles for Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis and new characters played by Ryan Seacrest and more to come (hopefully Kurt Russell!).

Should Van Damme climb onboard officially, should he play a villain? A new member of Stallone’s elite? Or, a member of another team like Schwarzenegger’s?
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. The only thing I didn't like about the original was the horrible acting. There needs to be ZERO scenes in this one with just Sly and Dolph. That was some of the worst acting I've ever seen in my life. Thank god Mickey Rourke was there to remind me I was watching a movie instead of in a nightmare. More action, less talking = success!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    More action, less talking = success!
    Kinda like Transformers. More robots, less humans, and more action = success
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. I was on board until they said "Ryan Seacrest.'

5. I didn't like the first one. I want more blood, more gore, limbs flying off, and Chuck Norris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

6. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    I want more blood, more gore, limbs flying off, and Chuck Norris.
    This all sounds great to me. I want it to have a Rambo 4 level of gore and violence.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I was on board until they said "Ryan Seacrest.'
    Oh god.

If he isn't immediately killed in a hilarious manner, Stallone doesn't have it anymore.

8. I heard The Rock was in it and Austin was coming back too (even though he was all burnt up in the original). So the rumor mill is in full force, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. It's filming.

10. No thanks. First one sucked ass, even grading on a curve.