Thread: Why Is My Screen Clipping When I Play Video?

Why Is My Screen Clipping When I Play Video?

So I have a desktop computer with a really nice widescreen LCD monitor I paid two or three hundred dollars for a few months ago. It's been great for basic computer stuff, making music, playing games, etc. I just started watching netflix on it though, and the screen tears and clips like no other! Every time there is any movement on the screen while I'm watching videos you can see it clipping. I can watch this stuff on my laptop with no problem, and even other peoples computers. Why does my shit suck? It was an expensive monitor so I'm hoping it has something to do with some setting I'm not aware of. Plz help
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

2. Try different video drivers

Try stealing a better PC

3. Who makes the monitor and what are the specs on your computer?

Well I built the computer myself and bought the monitor at the same time. The monitor is an LG flatron (horrible name) w2340v. The computer is a quad core with lots of ram and such, but I got a cheapy video card because I wasn't planning on doing much gaming. The card is a geforce 8500 gt.
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

5. I have the same vid card. Guess what ... its the vid card.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Yeah, i don't think that supports video acceleration. You can get a cheapy card and it should fix the issue. I doubt LG monitors are that crappy.

7. Because you touch yourself at night.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Yeah, i don't think that supports video acceleration. You can get a cheapy card and it should fix the issue. I doubt LG monitors are that crappy.
    Ah shitty! You would think that something with 512MB or 1GB of RAM or whatever it has would at least have something like video acceleration... I forgot how much of a money pit nice computers are.
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.