Thread: Shaolin Soccer in Cantonese!!!

1. Shaolin Soccer in Cantonese!!!

According to MonkeyPeaches--

Two Language Versions Of SHAOLIN SOCCER Will Be Released In North America (MonkeyPeaches Exclusive)

Besides the dubbed English version, some theaters will be luckily enough to show the original Cantonese version with English subtitle (still not sure whether it is the Disney's cut or not). Stephen Chow will fly to America to promote his movie in late August or early September...

This is very good news for Chow fans and for those of us that are against the always-damaging dubbing of HK films...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

2. Yep, I read these news yesterday. The film will be in limited release in New York and LA this fall, and more wider release early next year

3. That's pretty good news. I love the movie. I've had the DVD for a while now. Such a great movie. I'm sure the dubbing will be shit but either way everyone should watch it with the original language playing. Has anyone seen the deleted scene when they are doing the thriller dance. It had nothing to do with the movie but it was funny as hell. I think they should have kept it in.

Later all...

4. Good movie. I think it's Stephen Chow's best.

5. Where can I get the dvd (HK)? I KNEW I should have gotten it from Pokerindustries (and also Legend of Zu). Now I have to wait for some crappy US release.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

6. Get it directly from HK. Go to dvdshelf.com(I got it there), or dddhouse.com, and check for prices. They are cheaper then US resalers, but the shipping for a few items can be high, so its usually better to make a bigger orders (like 5-10 dvds). Check those places out, they have nice prices, good selection, and reliable service(I odered from dvdshelf many times, never used dddhouse, but heard alot of god things about them from other people)

7. Forgive my ignorance but is a HK DVD playable on an American DVD player?

8. Sure. Majority of HK made dvds are Region 0, with a few exceptions that are Region 3, and wont play on US dvd players.