Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For the Love of God, How Do I Use an XBox 360 Controller with my PC?

1. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    What controller should friends let friends use?
    The wired pad is lovely. I hear that most people can get the wireless one working properly but there are compatibility issues with a few games.

Also: The XBCD custom drivers only work with the wired pad (so far). This isn't an issue for most new stuff but I've found it invaluable for PS2-era games.
    Last edited by epmode; 22 Jan 2011 at 04:11 PM.

2. The wireless controller dongle is indeed garbage, and it's a pain in the ass to use if you have a 360 and want to switch from 360 to PC often. You really need 2 pads, and at that stage you might as well just get a wired.

3. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/wired-s...m-length-32155

it works great on the pc, not so much the actual 360 (mine might just be a bum unit, but the triggers are hyper-sensitive and will often engage on their own in actual 360 games)

sleeve, does the USB module light up green? That's probably a stupid question but a friend of mine had a broken one that didn't light up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    and his foreskin
    Done and done.

So it's not just me then? The wireless dongle driver is in fact a POS? Good to hear, I guess.

In other news I managed to get my dongle to recognize my wireless controller. I think. Now how do I know what games support this thing?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Emulators have you set it up outside of games and otherwise you just have to look game by game and go into the control options.

7. OK cool, just rolled through the first world of Super Meat Boy with the controller. It's A-OK now (miracle!). I connected the controller wirelessly to the dongle, and then plugged the charge kit into a USB port, so it's both wired and wireless at the same time.

What a retarded setup. Thanks Microsoft!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood