Thread: Recently Watched Films V 2.1

1. Recently Watched Films V 2.1

Well, Its been a while since we had one of these, so lets talk about the films you recently had pleasure or not to watch. I will go first and you guys follow:

Dogma - Finally I seen it. I wanted to see for the last 3 years, and last weekend I did it. I thought it was a pretty cool film, nice characters, always fun to see Jay and Silent Bob, cool dialog and interesting take on the organized religion, Bible and catholicism.
    Some great scenes and humor, and I like Agenls on the rampage, and Shit Demon bits

Rollerball: The Remake - Awful, Awful film. Almost 2 hours of pontless waste of film. I like Jean Reno and Criss Klein, but what the hell were they doing in this mess. John MacTearnan is great action director(Die Hard, Predator), but here he was plain bad, like it wasnt even him directing. The story is nothing to talk about, action is bad, I still dont understand the point of the game, and how its played, since they dont care to explain much about it at all. DVD is rated R, so it had those extra topless scenes missing from theatrical PG13 cut, but who cares. The movie is boring, and goes on autopilot for majority of its duration, and only picks up speed close to the end. For people who seen it, WTF was the ugly green night vison chase sequence, it looked sooo bad, and how about using a huge cargo airplan to chase the bike in the desert? And the final revolt of oppressed and praise of American heroes was awful !!!

Shallow Hal - Watched it last night, and thought it was not a bad film. It wasnt a hysterically funny comedy, but it did have a few quite funny bits in it. Good actor's performances too. A decent comedy to check out.

Return to a Better Tomorrow - HK Action/Drama, that got nothing to do with John Woo classic A Better Tomorrow trilogy, but a not bad movie on its own. Its a story about a triad mid boss, who is first used by his superior to get rid of his competion, and then tries to set him up and get arrested, and later killed. Main here has to go into hiding, and plot revenged for the death of his friends and desfiguration of his girlfriend. He teams up with his old right hand man, who is now a powerul triad head himself to take a revenge. It has some very nice action/gunfight scenes, and even some cool fighting done by the main baddie , but unfortunately the HK dvd is cut There are some violent/bloddy bits missing, like cutting of the character arm, metal stick in the eye, shooting off of few fingers and soo on. Why would HK censor their own films I have no idea but it saddens me Other than that, the movie is dark, violent and sad. Plus the dvd is pretty cheap now days, so check it out

Hmm I don't see Session 9 on your list.

3. I'm slowly getting to it I think the copy that my store had got stolen, and I dont think they care much to replace it, so I will have to get it from the different store, next time I'm there.

I also wanted to rent Armitage Dual Matrix, yesterday, but it was checked out allready.

4. The ninth gate: Stars Johnny Depp. Weird, but what do you expect from Roman polanski? Very cool movie. Its about these books which have these pictures in them that can summon forth the devil. It's alot better than it sounds. I rate this movie 8/10.

the million dollar hotel: Stars Mel Gibson and Milla Jovovich. To be honest, I only watched this movie because I was told that it had filthy sex scenes with milla jovovich in it , alas, there were none. It was a love / mistery movie about a Cop investigating a murder at a run down hotel. The movie revolves around a spastic called Tom Tom and his infactuation with Milla Jovovich's character Elluise. Better than your average love story, but not my taste in movies. I give it 7/10