Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Space Giraffe

1. Space Giraffe

I saw the Gamespot Review go up last night, and as per usual, it seems to be the voice of reason amongst all the other crazy critiques the game has been getting.

2. "If you bounce enemy shots off of the web over and over again, you'll get a sneeze bonus at the end of the level. Yes, we're aware that the previous sentence doesn't make much sense. Welcome to Space Giraffe."

Hehe. Nice review. Not for everyone but for those who dig it, they really dig it. I am one of them.

3. Good review, the guy really seemed to understand the game and rated it accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

4. Just finished reading the "Grow a Pair" article. Cute stuff. I'm still not sure where I stand on the game. Liked the demo enough to spend the 5 bucks (I'm shallow, and the neat music was the deciding factor) but I'm not "sold" on the whole concept just yet.

I look forward to getting better, and also to making a "Space Giraffe: Bioshock Edition" with the horrible techno CD that came with the limited edition of Bioshock.

5. Unsurprisingly, reviews seem to be almost totally split down the middle - either love it or hate it:

Metacritic

GameRankings (only the GameSpot review is up on GameRankings right now so it's rated higher overall).
    K3V is awesome!

6. I bought it and played a bit last night, pretty cool, though I have a ways to go in getting the finer points of scoring.

Some of the viewpoints/camera angles they chose for stages are just awful. I've encountered a few in a short time where some lanes are right even with the line of sight creating a flat plane, which makes it pretty much impossible to tell where anything on those lanes are depth-wise in relation to you. Sorry Minter, but that's just indefensably bad design.

7. Yeah last night I paused the game and checked the controls for a way to adjust the view (you always could in T2K/T3K) but no dice.
    K3V is awesome!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I bought it and played a bit last night, pretty cool, though I have a ways to go in getting the finer points of scoring.

Some of the viewpoints/camera angles they chose for stages are just awful. I've encountered a few in a short time where some lanes are right even with the line of sight creating a flat plane, which makes it pretty much impossible to tell where anything on those lanes are depth-wise in relation to you. Sorry Minter, but that's just indefensably bad design.
    I honestly think he does that on purpose. You have to rely both on visual and audio cues to get the complete picture. Stage 14 (the one after the tear drop) is pretty horrible like that.

9. This is awesome. Everytime somebody brings up a valid complaint against this wretched game, the response will just be, "Oh, that's okay, he meant to do that."

10. I just got this game and I'm mixed on it. Some of it does seem to be poor design choices, Some shit you simply cannot see, but is still fun and I'm still adjusting to it so who knows. It might just click for me, but it isn't going to click for me with only 3 hrs sleep in the last 48