Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: Parks and Recreation

1. I got into the show big time over this past week...Esquire had a 6-season marathon all weekend. I was really kicking myself for not watching it before now as it's an amazing show. However, I noticed when I hit around season 6 that the quality started to fall off a little bit and I wasn't laughing nearly as much. Does season 7 continue that slight downward trend, and what was wrong with the finale that Chux seems to hate so much?

2. The time jump made them rely too much on near future jokes. Once the main issue in season 7 gets resolved, it could have been finished and good. The last episode is an hour of giving 30 years into the future closure for most of the crew, and was not funny at all.

The show should have ended when Leslie left the parks department.

3. Hmm. Bummer. I could chalk it up to your personal taste and hold onto hope that I'll enjoy it anyway, but like I said, I noticed that season 6 was becoming a bit tired. It's rare when a form of entertainment pulls a Calvin and Hobbes and ends leaving them wanting more instead of overstaying their welcome.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. It's very possible that it's just me. Season 5 was the peak for me though.

Still better than the office though.

5. Yeah, this last season started and ended pretty poorly.

But there was more than enough great stuff in between to make it worth watching.

6. I liked it. The end was a send off.

7. Me too. I also felt that season 6 was going through the motions with some of the character-based jokes. And I love this show. But season 7 was a decent send-off and the finale was a bit sentimental but not bad. I enjoyed the future jokes simply because it was different than all the other seasons.

Garry/Terry/Jerry/Larry's send off was phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."