Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: spammers

spammers

Tired of these spammers yet?

Why don't you set it up so a noob has to wait 48 hours before they can post?

I ban so many that I stopped writing every single one down in the mod thread.

It's kind of silly.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Same. If it's just somebody spamming I don't report it. If it's somebody bumping a post from 2 years ago we report it.

4. Here's an idea: make new users with less than 100 posts answer a captcha every time they try to post. Put up a little apology text about how it's to discourage spam and if they stay around long enough, eventually they won't have to do it anymore. (Or are they spam bots beating captchas already?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. There are ways to beat captchas. RF is small enough and we have alternative ways to communicate but I have a security question that only people in the guild would know.

Obviously with a site as large as TNL, trying to grow membership, this isn't the most attractive option.

6. Is there a way to remove the option for signatures until you have 100 posts?

Lots of the spammers just put all their info into their signatures and then try to post shit that seems relevant to a thread. Maybe if they went to set up their signature and saw they couldn't it would detour a few of them?

7. Disable signatures. I haven't seen one in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Fuck that, and avatars. I know I have darkwing but I haven't seen an avatar since 2006.

9. Don't disable them universally, that's just a shitty idea that ruins something for those of us who enjoy them.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Is there a way to remove the option for signatures until you have 100 posts?

Lots of the spammers just put all their info into their signatures and then try to post shit that seems relevant to a thread. Maybe if they went to set up their signature and saw they couldn't it would detour a few of them?
    The guy spamming right now is doing this.

Some shit about ties in his signature and his posts almost seem like a human is writing them in real time. Remove the ability for him to make a signature and he might just move on.