Page 15 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls - Spiritual Sequel to Demon's Souls

1. Finished off Moonlight Butterfly, the trick is to stay far away and roll the width of the bridge, not along the span when it shoots. Haven't found Drake Sword yet. I know who has it but I emptied out all my arrows trying to get the drop. How much damage do you have to do? Does it randomly drop on each hit?

Also I followed some douchebag's note to hit the undead merchant, thinking I'd get a funny line of dialog or nothing, but guy got up and started fighting me! So his murder was in self defense, I got his semi-cool sword, but he isn't regenerating ;_;. No item buying for me unless another general merchant exists somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Haven't found Drake Sword yet. I know who has it but I emptied out all my arrows trying to get the drop. How much damage do you have to do? Does it randomly drop on each hit?
    Took like twenty standard arrows for me. Just shoot tail, wait to for the dragon to land again and repeat. Really didn't take too long at least compared to killing the dragon in Demon's Souls.

3. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Rang that Gargoyle bell. Fuck yes.

I want them to make these games forever and ever. I kinda already regret pushing my strength to 16 for that Drake sword but shit, so much damage.
    I just did that too! I actually went back to human for the first time right before the boss. Summoned two people and we fucking raped those bastards! Apparently nobody plays in human form since I played all night and not one person seen my call sign to join them. Oh well, this game still rocks my balls.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

4. I have a stock of humanity, but haven't used it since I don't know what playing in human form is good for. Also I die a lot.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. So much for what you dorks call "intentional stylistic anonymous co-op" or whatever. We beat the system. Friend co-op all night. Beautiful thing.

This game is unreal. Everyone who even kinda likes action rpgs needs to play it. One of the all time greats. Screw that boss in the tiny room with the dogs though.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

6. Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Screw that boss in the tiny room with the dogs though.
    IBTN. I am at this part now. It's horrible.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

7. That boss is horrible, I beat him tonight, it seems to be 90% a luck thing, if they do the right attacks and you can kill the dogs right away he's really easy to kill, but if you can't get the dogs quick you get wrecked.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Hi. I still can't beat the Taurus Demon. But I got him over halfway down last time! I think my next run will involve unequipping some stuff to get under 25% encumbrance for that extra speed.

9. For god's sake revive to human form and summon a couple players to help you out on the Capra Demon. Went from pulling my hair out to a reasonable battle. Once you get into the sewers I recommend making a couple loops from the campfire to kill rats. They are the only enemy that drops humanity from what I have seen, it is a lifesaver to have extra humanity for kindling and going human for help with bosses.

I FINALLY got the pyromancer at the Firelink shrine. Upgraded my flame to +3 and got a new spell. I also was lucky enough to get a dark knight sword drop from the first DK in undead burg. Now I can actually wield the thing and it is pretty rad. Stronger than the drake sword and I think I prefer its swings to it as well. Since it's weight tipped me into a slower movement speed I went ahead and started using heavier armor so taking the odd hit while swinging the behemoth isn't such a big deal. Two handing that sword is the shit. I went back to the Dark Knight in the undead parish and killed him with one jumping heavy swing and 2 regular swings. It is ridiculous. =)

I haven't been this cracked out on a game in a long long time.

10. The Capra Demon fight/room is just flat out bad design all around. I guess its going to happen at least once somewhere in a game this massive. I can see the dev who designed that sitting back laughing his ass off at all the rage on the net about it. For what its worth - I have a super nerd friend whos been on DS literally 20 hours a day and he said he hasnt encountered anything as annoying for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Hi. I still can't beat the Taurus Demon. But I got him over halfway down last time! I think my next run will involve unequipping some stuff to get under 25% encumbrance for that extra speed.
    Again, use firebombs - and do not go up the ladder when you fight him. Just back away slowly during the long stretch of wall. Then roll past - repeat.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series