Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 104114116117118
Results 1,171 to 1,175 of 1175

Thread: Dark Souls - Spiritual Sequel to Demon's Souls

I put a few hours into this yesterday. I'm really torn about using a guide. I feel like after Demon's Souls and Bloodborne I "get it" enough in general to wing it. However, I also know it's not exactly the same, and I don't want to miss something catastrophic.

I started with the Thief class and chose the Witch's Ring as my gift. My strategy is to get as close to my Demon's Souls build as possible, focusing on light armor, a bow, a light 1H sword, and a light shield. So far I beat the Asylum Demon and the Taurus Demon.

2. You can get through the game without a guide, but the side quests are obtuse enough that you'll want to just go ahead and read about them.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

That seems like a reasonable compromise. I would prefer to avoid something like what happened with the female hunter in Bloodborne.

4. There are a few sidequests that you will miss if you are not talinkg to the right person in the right place at the right time. I played through the game a few times and still didn't do all the side quests.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I put a few hours into this yesterday. I'm really torn about using a guide. I feel like after Demon's Souls and Bloodborne I "get it" enough in general to wing it. However, I also know it's not exactly the same, and I don't want to miss something catastrophic.

I started with the Thief class and chose the Witch's Ring as my gift. My strategy is to get as close to my Demon's Souls build as possible, focusing on light armor, a bow, a light 1H sword, and a light shield. So far I beat the Asylum Demon and the Taurus Demon.
    Im rather surprised you haven't already played this game!

But yeah Dunlap is correct, if you're trying to see it all in one go you're going to want to know how or it's pretty improbable that you will.