Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 212141516

Thread: Talking 'Bout This Generation

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I thought this thread was about this generation, not old fuck games nobody has cared about for 15 years.
    It speaks of this generation in a way.

(this gen is so derivative, boring, and uninspiring that it can't tear us away from waxing nostalgic about "better" games?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. This generation should end up with the best software library of all since it's going to last twice as long as any other.

Yoshi has completely ruined this thread. I don't know why you guys humor him.

Go research it, professor.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    This generation should end up with the best software library of all since it's going to last twice as long as any other.
    No it won't. This generation will not last 10 - 12 years.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    No it won't. This generation will not last 10 - 12 years.
    I hope it does - I'm over the whole dump-$500-into-another-hardware-launch-so-I-can-play-prettier-versions-of-a-lot-of-derivative-crap-on-the-chance-that-something-good-comes-around. Good game ideas aren't born from hardware - in many ways, creative solutions that work around hardware lead to more focused, gameplay-driven endevours.

Or alternatively - this is the last "gen" as we all know it. The future is all-in-one portable devices! =p
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

7. This isn't the last gen, but it will last awhile longer. The last jump sent a ton of companies down the drain or into each other's arms, and taking it one step further would get even closer to the major Hollywood studio configuration than it is already. There's also really nothing pushing any of the hardware manufacturers to release new equipment other than Nintendo. Sony and MS don't need to take losses upfront in a still weak economy, and most people aren't calling for new machines. If anything, they're being pushed in the opposite direction because of iPhone and Android. Minis was basically set up as a way to port iPhone games to PS3/PSP.

Honestly, top to bottom, this has been the best generation for games to me personally outside of PC from 92-03. I think that has a lot to do with PC developers taking their talents to consoles.

8. I don't know what it says about this generation that my most played game in the last several years is Minecraft.

James

9. It says you're an old hippie.