Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking 'Bout This Generation

1. This gen has been fantastic. Some of you guys just need to stop playing games. Your so pretentious and full of shit. Seriously lolers at this stuff.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. You just go ahead and mind your business when it comes to my so pretentious!

3. You are both handsome and astute, EvilMog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You just go ahead and mind your business when it comes to my so pretentious!
    You don't say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Ugh, "pretentious" is almost as abused as "epic." Do you know what that word means, darling?

5. Epic means gianormicous, cupcake.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    I never really cared about it before but it bothers me a lot more now that franchises are from the start, made to be a trilogy.
    This isn't really true. While it's true that plenty have tried, all have failed.

In fact, not one single full-sized retail game designed as a trilogy has ever made it to the third game. It's a jinx, even going back to the Swordquest games on Atari (the fourth was cancelled).

Mass Effect 3 will finally break the curse some 30 years later, but don't act like it's commonplace when it hasn't even happened once yet.

7. This gen has seen a nice balance of quality softs across a number of platforms instead of one dominating system.

360/PS3/PC
    DL services
    Wii
    DS
    PSP
    Mobile Apps

It's one of the better times to be a gamer though nostalgia-wise I still prefer the 16 bit era.

8. Last generation didn't have The Club.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    This isn't really true. While it's true that plenty have tried, all have failed.

In fact, not one single full-sized retail game designed as a trilogy has ever made it to the third game. It's a jinx, even going back to the Swordquest games on Atari (the fourth was cancelled).

Mass Effect 3 will finally break the curse some 30 years later, but don't act like it's commonplace when it hasn't even happened once yet.
    You mean to tell me that none of the games I mentioned were setup story wise as a trilogy? C'mon, Halo and GoW are perfect examples. I'll possibly concede on the rest since they don't really have one main story arc. But those two for sure had trilogy written on them from day one.

10. on one hand, I love that this gen gave us the DS and XBLA. In the PS2 days, I don't think a game like Scott Pilgrim or Etrian Odyssey get a fair shake at the Cheerleading Rags (erm, game journalism sites). Today we get hype behind Shitty Shootmans Rides Again, Artsy Fartsy Oh God Take Us Seriously Indie Game Flavor #502, and Old School Values Romp in the Newland.

Derivative games, sequels, niche, and throwbacks are all getting some love now. I think if nothing else, that's the most exciting part of gaming today. There's a mountain of shittiness to deal with too, but at least we're not strictly a me-too generation right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.